13 Best Ways To Eat Sweet Potatoes

13 Best Ways To Eat Sweet Potatoes

Gotta spread the love to another great potato.

142
13 Best Ways To Eat Sweet Potatoes
squarespace

A few months ago, I gushed about the beauties of potatoes and how versatile they are. I decided to do a part two but for the healthier cousin of potatoes: sweet potatoes. Just like regular potatoes, they are wonderful, diverse but they're a unique orange color (really indicative of how nutritious it is). Also, because sweet potatoes are so "sweet", they're perfect for dessert type meals.

1. Sweet potato fries

Once again, OG fries know no boundaries even in sweet potato form. And yes regular fries, they're you but stronger (and healthier too).

2. Mashed sweet potatoes

mashed and sweet; simple and easy

3. Sweet potatoes with marshmallows

Marshmallows and sweet potatoes (also known as a type of sweet potato casserole), honestly what more can you ask? One of my fave dishes during Thanksgiving.

4. Sweet potato pie

How many people can make a vegetable into a delicious pie? But it's often confused with pumpkin pie (which is infinitely better, sorry sweet potato pie).

5. Roasted sweet potatoes

Anything roasted is really good, therefore so is sweet potatoes and a lot of the times, these sweet potatoes are also coated with honey and/or ginger (good stuff right there).

6. Sweet potatoes tater tots

Tater tots, in general (of any type of potatoes), are just gifts to this world. #blessed

Now to head into sweet potato territory I haven't entered before (brb going to go try all of them now)

7. Sweet potato cups

Putting things in potatoes won't ever get old, neither will putting them in sweet potatoes.

8. Sweet potato doughnuts

Well I'll be darned, I love doughnuts so I'm thinking sweet potato doughnuts will also deserve my love.

9. Sweet potato biscuits

Carbs, carbs, carbs, if you exist in carb form I'm sure you're tasty.

10. Sweet Potato pancakes

Looks a lot more like pancakes than potato pancakes (we could fool children or college students with these healthier pancakes) and I like the smattering of cinnamon (or maybe nutmeg) in the pic.

11. Sweet potato cupcakes

Cupcakes: so pure, so good and now so orange. I can dig it, it's a natural hue that's perfect for Halloween and Thanksgiving treats.

12. Sweet Potato smoothies

Anything can be put into a smoothie really (if you just believe) so I'm not really surprised sweet potatoes are an option. Can't wait to try this one!

13. Sweet potato bread

No words need to be said about bread, I'm sure this version of bread is equally as tasty.

As you can see, sweet potatoes are just slightly cooler than potatoes because they can make more desserts and baked goods (if you're into that kind of stuff). But good ole potatoes are a lot more savory (so perhaps they're slightly better). Some might be wondering, where are the sweet potato wedges, the baked sweet potatoes, well sweet potatoes are still potatoes so they can take many regular potato forms. Basically, there was no need to reiterate all of it or the list would be endless and doubly long. Once again, here's to potatoes: sweet potato editions for being so wonderful and multi-faceted.