Should You Join Fraternity Sorority Life?

College is a time for trying new things and bettering yourself. Here's some thoughts about joining an FSL community on campus.

3
Moira McCarville

There are so many different ways to get involved on campus rather it's a community college or a state university. The most basic way and well-known aspect is Fraternity and Sorority Life.

This is something that is huge on campus and a lot of the reason why events happen such as Homecoming Week and Greek Week.

There are so many different aspects and perspectives on this topic and personally, I never thought that I would be one writing an article about how much I love my sorority and how much I've gained out of it but, I guess here we are. :)

From dressing up to signing and dancing to going to big events, this is always best done with your sisters and/or your brothers. This makes you feel so connected to the university and allows a super-easy way to get involved in your school and on campus. Being involved is something that I never put too much emphasis on when you're in college but it is just as important in college than it is in high school, if not more.

Universities are huge, and it's so easy to get lost in the swamp of people and not go to class or not do anything. By being involved in a chapter on campus, this is a way of holding your self accountable to get out there and do something.

Another big reason why I joined FSL life. Everyone thinks that when you join your grades are going to start going downhill. In reality, it's the exact opposite.

FSL life cares about your grades and usually make you do study hours and study tables to make your GPA get a lot higher. They acknowledge that college is hard and that you may need time to step away from life and just focus on your needs.

Overall, it's ultimately your decision to get involved in Fraternity or Sorority life. It is a big task and part of your life that you will need to take part in. It was personally a very good decision for me.