Why You Should Thank Your Defenders Of The Silver Lining

Friends are wonderful, but those who defend the silver linings in your life deserve a special place in your heart.

42

Being in a place that makes it hard to count your blessings is the lowest of the lows. Which is why we must be thankful for my defenders of the silver lining. With a certain amount of pain and struggle people can become consumed by their own darkness, but the defenders surround you and defend the sliver of light in your life. They acknowledge your skills, your past accomplishments, the next point to look forward to. If all that fails they create the silver linings and surround your life with them. Through their laughter, their listening ears, and kindness.

If there is ever a glimpse of hope then they will defend it until the end, until it outweighs the bad.

I’m thankful for my defenders of the silver lining because they allow me to fall apart. You only truly fall apart in front of the people you know can put you back together. They allow me to fall apart because they know there is enough good in my life to piece me back together. They know of the good because they defend it.

When faced with the scariest of things all you want is to run away to your invisible place. But you can’t hide. That’s why it’s important to be seen and to have people who choose to look for you as well. That’s something you have to thank your defenders of the silver lining for. For people, when things go wrong or they’re faced with the most daunting situations the reaction is instinct, fight or flight. For me it has and always will be flight. When my world is falling apart I leave. I’ve disappeared for days at a time and tell no one where I go. But in the most heart breaking of events they look for me, they don’t let me disappear. So the only option left is to fight. Fight for myself, but not by myself. I’m not forced to illuminate my darkness on my own because the silver lining remains thanks to my defenders.

It becomes a blur of strong shoulders then ice-cream runs, gripping hands then laughter, 2 am talks in the bathroom then Sunday morning music. The blurs become the solid down and up path your life follows. Continually thanking my defenders of the silver lining because when the sky opens up and the storms come they surround the little lining that remains sunny. It’s impossible to always be at your happiest all the time. Realistically your just lucky to be somewhere nearby so thank your defenders of the silver lining for keeping it nearby.