Why You Should Take A Road Trip

Why You Should Take A Road Trip

Just you and the open road
22

Have you ever felt like you were stuck in the monotony of day to day life? Just need a break from this endless cycle? I think we have all been there, or are there right now. Sometimes it feels like there is no way to break free from this and you don't know what to do to change it. Well, my solution to this problem is this: take a road trip.

Take a road trip? Who has time for a vacation anymore!? But here's the thing about a road trip: it can be as simple or as complex as you want it to be. You can drive to the zoo an hour away for the day, or go to another city for a weekend, or if you're feeling ambitious you could even drive across the country. That is what is unique about a road trip, you can make it however you want it to be and the possibilities are endless. So if you say you don't have time for a road trip, think again because your road trip could even be for just a day.

So this is my advice to you: when life is getting boring or things have got you down, fill your gas tank up, grab a friend, an awesome playlist, a few snacks and set out on the open road. You might ask me how this is a solution, and I might not have the most clear answer but I will definitely have a few and some great stories to tell.

To me, there's nothing more fun than getting out of your comfort zone and going on an adventure. If you're stuck in your daily routine, you most likely are not having a whole lot of adventures (unless you live in a really cool place with endless things to do). There is so much to discover right at your fingertips, so why not go out and see as much as you can. Even if its just some oddity like the worlds largest ball of yarn, that is still something you can say you have seen!

Honestly, a lot of the best memories of my life have been made on road trips. Whether its with family or friends, you are sure to make some memories and have some stories to tell at the end of it. My friends and I often go to nearby cities, the beach, or go visit other colleges for fun, and these road trips are unforgettable. I get to relax and explore new things while forgetting about the troubles of daily life.

Road trips also help you grow closer to the people you travel with. I don't know about you, but some of the most meaningful conversations ever have been with friends on road trips. When there is nothing but you, your friend, and the open road for hours you cover pretty much every topic under the sun. You get to tell stories, ask questions, and figure out each others odd habits. My best friend and I have taken several road trips together, and they have only brought us closer.

So, if you need to clear your mind and escape life for awhile, take a road trip. There is no reason for excuses, grab your loved ones and jump in the car and go. Who knows? You just might have the greatest adventure of your life that you will be telling people about for years to come.