You Should Always Come First

We have all had those points in our lives when we were a bit too harsh on ourselves. It's almost like we are trying so hard to perfect this outside exterior, so that people can just look into it. And for the last couple of years handling teenage angst, I have noticed that many people have dealt with finding their self esteem.

Self esteem is a tricky thing because society says that if you love yourself way too much, you are self-indulgent. But if you love yourself any less than you should, you are insecure. So how can we find a balance between all of that? You can't, it is as simple as that. You become a rebel and love all the bits of yourself. There is no guide to self love. It's all about changing your perspective.

Don't base your happiness on how others see you

If anyone makes any negative comment about your appearance, cool for them. You do not have to listen. Just because they voiced their opinion does not mean you have to go out of you way to follow it. It is human nature to want approval from others, but you don't need it. When people learn to love themselves, they begin to realize all these wonderful qualities that we possess without the help of others.

Don't apologize for who you are

The relationship you have with yourself will be one of the important relationships of your life. Create an uplifting mantra about your insecurities and write them down. For every bad thing you wrote, write something good and cross out all those bad things. Learn your worth and be the best self that you can be. There is always room for improvement, if you want to change, then change. You have the power to do whatever you desire. Your decisions are yours and no one else take hold of your life.

Become a bit more self centered

Your body is a temple, so let's treat it like one. There is nothing wrong with wearing that one outfit that makes you feel like you are going from 0 to 100. Take those selfies, and listen to your favorite music. Being healthier or more adventurous can open you up to a new way of life. You deserve the best, and surround yourself with the utmost positivity. If you put some positivity out in the world some will bounce back.

One day you will wake up and you will love yourself a bit more than yesterday. Fake it until you make it. If it means faking your confidence for a while then do that. Do what you need to do in order to become at peace with yourself. You were not born to pick at all your flaws, you exist to make yourself better. Remember, always treat yourself with kindness, you are only in this lifetime once. So don't spend most of it being so hard on yourself. You will make it through today and you are so uniquely beautiful.