Short Girlfriend Problems

Short Girls May Look Cute From The Outside But We Have 7 Problems When Our Guy Is Ridiculously Tall

I feel pretty low when I remember I'm five feet tall — pun intended.

1689
girl, boy, city, night, love, romance, embrace

One of the biggest nuisances in my life is my height. At five feet tall, I'm short even by Asian standards, much to my ire. Sure, there are perks to being the tiny friend, but when it comes to dating, I wouldn't mind being a couple inches taller. It looks cute from the outside, but trust me, there are all sorts of annoying problems when you're dating someone a foot taller than you.

1. You always get mistaken for his little sister.

What gave it away — the hand holding or the kisses?

2. He has to pick you up to kiss you properly.

Or just crouch down to your eye-level. That works, too.

3. So forehead kisses are basically non-existent.

Unless he wants to break his neck reaching down, of course.

4. You're jealous of every girl with long, slender legs.

I can daydream about supermodel legs all I want, but they're never gonna happen.

5. Wearing his shirt or jacket looks more absurd than cute.

I thought clothes-sharing was supposed to be the epitome of romance, not a reason to cringe.

6. Slow dancing is just an awkward mess.

I can't exactly put my arms around your neck when you're a foot taller than me, so awkward middle school dancing it is.

7. Your pictures look ridiculous unless you're both sitting down.

I was hoping for "cute couple" vibes not "the most ridiculous height difference you'll ever see."

There are definitely perks to being short in some of life's situations, but when it comes to dating, it's a bit of a challenge!