Shine the light of Jesus

Shine the light of Jesus

Let your purpose be known as that of the Lord.

12
Shine the light of Jesus

God puts us in positions we aren't always comfortable in. Honestly, he puts us outside of our comfort zones more often than I would prefer. Recently, God has pushed me out of my personal comfort zone far more than I would like to accept. I have tried to fight him many times, but of course, I always give in eventually.

Currently, I am sitting in a hotel room working hard for a weekend full of pageantry. PAGEANTRY! I have not been a pageant girl since I was a little and these girls surrounding me are most definitely pageant girls. I walked in and, I'm not going to lie, was petrified and uber intimidated. These girls' ages range from 14 to 18 and they all look 24. I'm standing over here looking like I'm 12.

But throughout all of the freak-outs and panic modes, I have to keep reminding myself that God is in control. That HE has a reason for my being here. Whether I win this crown and the title of Miss Teen Georgia USA or I trip and fall face first on the stage, it was God's plan for me. His plan was for me to come here and shine for Him. My plan is to shine the light that my Father gave me, to be His witness, and to love these girls the way that he loves me.

This weekend is going to prepare me for something far greater than I could ever imagine for myself. I'm am not sure of the plan that he is putting together but I know that it is an amazing one. Because HE planned it for me, HIS beloved.

Let's pray,

God, I thank you for the opportunity to be here and to do your work. Of course God, I would like to win so that I can have this platform to let you shine through me and to let you be seen. God, I thank you for the experiences that I am getting to have and the memories that I am able to make. God, I pray that people learn from this article, that they learn that you have a purpose for every little thing, especially those that take us out of our comfort zone. God, we thank you for your love, your grace and your mercy. We pray that you have a hedge of protection around each and every one of us. We love you with our whole hearts!

In Your Son's Heavenly name we pray,

AMEN.