Seven Reasons I Will Never Stop Loving Family Vacations

There are so many great things that come out of traveling with family

7
Karen Sibert

Many people wonder how I still enjoy going on the same family vacation that I have been going on my whole life. In reality, each year brings new events and memories that contribute to a making each family vacation unique, . They don’t understand how I can handle not bringing a friend and surviving seventeen hours in a car and two weeks with my parents and grandparents. Honestly, I don’t understand how people can pass up a family vacation. I’d love to go on a vacations with my friends, but I cherish my family vacations. Even my dad has said, “I still go on vacations with my parents,” which makes me laugh. I have a lot of fun with my parents and grandparents, even though I’m nineteen. People are forgetting about all of the reasons family vacations are wonderful.

1. It’s a vacation

Okay, let’s start with the obvious here: it’s a vacation! Who could give up a vacation? No matter where you are going or who you are with, it is absolutely crazy to pass up a vacation. People always dream of “getting away,” and here is a chance to!

2. It is essentially free for you

In all honesty, on a family vacation, the “child” doesn’t really pay for any of the expenses (until they are fully grown and have their own family), except maybe some clothing or souvenirs that they would personally want to buy. Why, especially in college years, would a person pass up an opportunity to travel somewhere nice basically free of charge? Take advantage of this opportunity and travel!

3. It makes you feel like a kid again

There is just something about going on a trip with family that makes a person feel young but not in the annoying sense. It makes a person feel like the young that is carefree, the kind of young that has no worries, the kind of young that is relaxing.

4. It can bring back old memories

Going on a family vacation is a great time to think, laugh, and talk about all of the things that have happened during previous family vacations. Personally, reminiscing is one of my favorite pastimes. We do this throughout the whole year, but as we travel to the same places we can talk about funny things that happened at that spot. Plus, it calls for great stories to tell family members who are not on the vacation or even friends.

5. You can spend time with your family

Let’s be honest, a person probably does not send much quality time with their family the rest of the year besides some dinners and watching a few movies together. If they go far away to college, there is probably even less time spent together. Parents do a lot for their children, so they deserve some quality time as a family. Even if they look at their children’s friends as their own, it is nice to have some undivided attention from their children without any other friends. There is still such a thing as family time.

6. There is no drama with family

Unfortunately, people of the same age tend to cause a bit of drama, even best friends. With family, there is no need to worry. Family will not cause any petty drama. Family vacations are one of the most relaxing places to be, in my opinion

7. You should never take for granted the time you have with family

Family will always be there for family. Family vacations will contain memories that will last a lifetime! Enjoy some time with them. You never know how many more family vacations will be possible, so take advantage of this and have fun!