8 Reasons Family Should Always Come First

“You don’t choose your family. They are God’s gift to you, as you are to them.”

11170
EBCMV

There are only a select few people in the world who will do anything for you, never judge you, and love you unconditionally, and they are your family. Whether they are distant or immediate, you grew up with the same values passed down for generations. And when it comes down to it, your family are the only ones that will be in your corner no matter what. The bond you share with your mother, father, siblings, grandparents, uncles, aunts, and cousins is unbreakable. And sure, every family has their ups and downs, but at the end of the day, you will always be together. No argument, distance, or issue can break those familial ties that go back for decades. To me, family is the most important thing in my life, and here are eight reasons why they should always come first.

1. They know you better than anyone else.

At this point, my family knows me better than I know myself. My mother can tell me what I am going to say before I even think it. They almost always know what’s best for you, even if you don’t realize it at the time. And if your grandma knows someone is wrong for you, you better drop them ASAP because God knows Grandma is right about everything.

2. They raised you.

Your family members are your day ones. Literally, they’ve been there for you since you were in diapers. Which means that they put up with you when you were a little 4-year-old brat and through the awkward middle school years, which means a lot. They’ve cared for you for your entire life, and nothing is more special than the bond that comes from that.

3. You’ve done so many amazing things together.

Family vacations, day trips, and even summer barbecues are some of my favorite memories; laughing with your aunts, uncles, and cousins after Uncle Jim has had one too many beers. There are so many memorable things that you have experienced together over the course of your life, and nothing can make you forget all of those good times.

4. They take care of you.

No one dotes on you when you’re sick like your family. And no one would come pick you up from a party at 3 a.m. other than your crazy and loving uncle. Your family will always take care of you better than anyone else, hands down.

5. No distance can change your relationships.

My two first cousins live in Spain, along with my aunts and abuelos (for only half the year). So we live on totally different continents, but that doesn’t change the fact that they will always love and care for me. Sure, sending emails is nothing like seeing them, but we keep in touch, and when I do see them, it doesn’t feel like it’s been seven years.

6. They support you in all of your endeavors.

No matter what you choose to do, your family will support you 100 percent. They may not agree with you on everything, but they’ll always be in your corner.

7. They will always be there for you.

No matter how hard you try to get rid of them, your family will always be by your side. Even when it feels as if everyone in the world is against you, and nothing is going right, your family will have your back.

8. Wherever your family is, you always feel at home.

As the saying goes, home is where the heart is. But what makes a home a home is the people that are there. So wherever you travel or set your sights to, as long as you have your family, you will always feel right at home.