7 Non-Traditional Date Ideas

7 Non-Traditional Date Ideas

Spice up your dating life!

239
7 Non-Traditional Date Ideas

Valentine's Day has come to an end -- but who says that this has to be the end of creative date ideas? Let's be real: you are so sick of going to the movies, going out to dinner, and hanging out at your significant other's house. It's time to spice things up a little bit. Take a look at these fun non-traditional kinds of dates.

1. Go to a museum.

You would be surprised just how interesting and fun museums can be. If you are interested in art, check out a local art museum. Most museums are much cheaper than a fancy dinner or a night out to the movies. You would be surprised just how enjoyable museums can be with a significant other. You get to connect with your love interest and learn a lot about culture at the same time. If you aren't into art, check out a history museum, a fashion museum, or even a sex museum in New York City.

2. Enjoy a new amusement park.

Amusement parks are a great way to connect. They allow for long walks, waiting in line together, and experiencing new thrills together. However, the best part about amusement parks is exploring them together. So, if you have both been to Six Flags a million times, google different amusement parks that you have both never visited. It will make it more interesting for both of you. Check out some of the best amusement parks in the country.

3. Go to a concert.

Concerts are always a great time! Going on a concert date is one of the best ways to enjoy some music and make some great memories with your lover. Mainstream concerts can be pricey, but look out for some local groups if you are on a budget. Whether you are the kind of couple that would rather be headbanging and moshing at a scream-o concert, dancing to Taylor Swift all night, or belting some country tunes, you can find a concert that you will both enjoy.

4. Hiking.

Whether you are the athletic type or not, we can always use some exercise. Whether you like the outdoors or not, some fresh air always does us some good, too! It truly is a win-win situation when it comes to hiking dates. There is nothing like experiencing nature with someone that you adore! Check out the top trails in the United States.

5. See a show.

Movies can be static and boring, but have you ever considered seeing a live performance? Maybe a musical theater performance, a dance recital, or a play. These are all great ways of immersing yourself in a little bit of art and spending time with your significant other. Popular Broadway shows can be a bit expensive, but there are smaller performances that you can score tickets to for less than $40. Check out what's going up this season.

6. Go on a picnic.

It may sound cliche, but there is nothing quite like enjoying some homemade sandwiches, sitting in a park, and just talking with somebody that you like. Not only is it relaxing, but it is extremely romantic. If you're feeling like this might be too boring, bring a bottle of wine along with you.

7. Head to the beach.

Summer time is right around the corner. Enjoy an entire day of tanning, swimming, collecting sea shells, and eating seafood. The beach can be one of the most relaxing and romantic places to spend time with the person that you love. Grab your towels, coolers, and bathing suits, and spend some time connecting under the sun.

Dates shouldn't be boring and stagnant! Try out some of these new date ideas to rekindle the romance and spice up your dating life.