7 Bible Verses for Stress Relief

7 Bible Verses for Stress Relief

Update: I feel better now.

123
7 Bible Verses for Stress Relief
www.pexels.com

Three weeks into the new school year and I'm already stressed out. Many college kids are around now because the first round of tests are coming up. I've spent my whole weekend studying, and I am so overwhelmed with all of the things that I have to do. Desperately, I have tried to find things that will relieve my extreme stress: stress relief candles, chocolate...but nothing works. Then I realized that I am looking for peace in all the wrong places. Our ultimate stress reliever is Jesus, and the Bible has several verses that can relieve our worry. Here are just a few.

Philppians 4:6-7

6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Psalm 94:19

19 When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy.

John 14:27

27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

Proverbs 16:3

3 Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and he will establish your plans.

Psalm 118:5-6

5 When hard pressed, I cried to the LORD; he brought me into a spacious place. 6 The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?

Matthew 11:28-30

28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

Psalm 55:22

22 Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken.

Update: I feel better now.