Having Senioritus in High School is different than College
Education

Having Senioritis In College Is MUCH Different Than High School, And Spoiler Alert, It's A Lot Darker

I lost my passion, my motivation for school and my sights on being successful have drifted exponentially.

138
Mari Williams

In high school, I remember the days where I would graduate, go to college, major in something that I was passionate and great at, and be successful. Except it's not like that, at least it's not like that for me.

Having senioritis in high school just meant that I was 'over' high school. It means nothing really.

You know when you're done with high school. You know you're graduation date and you know what's going to happen. In college, it's not like that at all. You don't know when you're going to be done and you especially don't know what's going to happen.

Being in college gives you a lot of time to think about what you want to be because once you're done with college, you are out in the real world which is big and scary. It gives you time and a lot of debt to mull over your aspirations until you finally break down and pick something that will make you money.

You get stuck. You get stuck between your past and your mystery of life.

Going to college was a huge step-up for me. Only 3% of foster kids go to a 4-year university and graduate. I, of course, wanted to be one of those kids. I wanted to be an actress and make a difference and finally let the spotlight be on me. That never worked out, but I'm finding a different way because I finally broke down and picked a career that I knew I would love and would work for me. It wasn't a dream though.

My senioritis in college is a different feeling than the senioritis I felt in high school. I'm still technically "done" with college and school but it's a different kind of done. I'm done with still feeling lost and alone. I'm done with not knowing what I'm doing, where I'm going and having no one to turn to. At least that's the senioritis I feel.