What Happens When You Send Guys Song Lyrics On Tinder

"You don't know about me, but I bet you want to..."
1275

Tinder. Some hate it, others love it, but we can all admit that it's an app that has taken our generation by storm. With it's right swipes, left swipes, and super likes, Tinder has changed the dating game for college students everywhere. Some use it as a way to meet new people, some for an easy hookup, and others for an ego boost to hold together their fragile self-esteem.

With a community of people with such diverse motivations, you never know what to expect. So that's exactly what I decided to become: the unexpected. I went not-so-undercover on Tinder with the singular purpose of messaging guys using only popular song lyrics. So, without further ado, here are some of my exchanges on Tinder feat. Selena Gomez, One Direction, and, of course, Taylor Swift.

1. Selena Gomez: "Can't Keep My Hands To Myself"

Currently he thinks I need help in a fun and flirty way. Once he reads this article, he's still going to think I need help, just in a different way...

Success rate: 6/10

2. J. Cole: "Work Out"

So maybe I used the most recognizable lyric in the song, but I really did think I had a chance of tricking him. Props to him for recognizing my game instantly and also sliding in a quick compliment. Success rate: 10/10

3. One Direction: "Perfect"

Apparently, using this song leads not only to highly philosophical quotes by "Muhammas" Ali, but also the boy asking for your number, even if he only wants to hold you "sometimes." Too bad One Direction won't be together anymore to play at our wedding.

Success rate: 10/10

4. Taylor Swift: "Enchanted"

This image would be the perfect cover for a book titled "Easy Ways to Convince a Guy You're Psychotic." I'll be holding signings in Barnes and Noble once it is published.

Success Rate: -10

5. Zayn Malik: "Pillowtalk"

Apparently, more boys know the lyrics to Zayn's new song than a One Direction single. S/o to this dude for ruining my fun before it began..

Success rate: 2/10

5. Adele: "Hello"

"I figured from the get go..." and these were the most clever responses he could think of? Sorry, dude, it never would have worked out with us anyway. It's not me, it's you—looks like I'll always be on the other side.

Success rate: 2/10

6. Taylor Swift: "Blank Space"

Hands down, my favorite conversation of them all. When in doubt, Taylor Swift. Honestly speaking, "you look like my next mistake" is pretty much my thought process when I see a cute guy. Kudos to this guy for playing my own game right back at me. Snaps for you.

Success rate: 10/10

I'm not sure what I expected responses to be before I did this, but I definitely got a few good laughs out of the experience. I'm slightly afraid I will run into some of these guys on campus and they'll see me as the crazy girl from Tinder, but hey, what's life without a little risk? I might just talk to guys in only song lyrics from now on, because I think I was actually more successful that way. I'm not sure what that says about my personality or future love life, but at least we all get a laugh out of it.