Focus on Your F*cking Self

Focus on Your F*cking Self

Put yourself first.

94
Focus on Your F*cking Self
Photo by Miguel Bruna on Unsplash

Focus on your fucking self.

Time and time again, it's the thing we tell ourselves. After a tough break up, after getting laid off, after nearly anything that took you away from yourself. Focus on yourself. The three simple words, that make up a phrase we all say to each other when the going gets tough. As if those three simple words will fix everything immediately. As if saying that phrase just fixes all the issues at hand. But as each day goes on, and you repeat that mantra in your head, you start to see how true it is. You don't just believe it but now you're living it.

Focus on yourself.

You're doing things that you love. You're prioritizing yourself for the first time in how long? You're no longer writing to-do lists that go incomplete. You're focusing on yourself. You feel great. You feel accomplished. You feel successful. And you're glowing. You're focusing on yourself. You're making "you" the number one relationship. You're getting shit done. You're not letting excuses get in the way anymore. Or men. Or jobs. Or anything. You are the number one. One and only. Me and me against the damn world.

You're focusing on yourself.

Because as much as it hurt when that break up happened, or when you lost that job, you knew there had to be light on the other side of the tunnel. You knew that this couldn't just be it. You knew that there were answers you seek if you just turned inward. You subconsciously knew that you held all the answers you needed in that moment. And you started to trust yourself. You started to trust the process. You started to focus on your fucking self.