love yourself

5 Simple Ways To Treat Yourself To Some Self Love

I plan out and set aside a day to just veg out. You heard me right, a day of nothing but my silk robe, a bowl of my favorite strain and a lot of me time.

46

As mid semester, and for some finals, approach the feeling of mass stress is in full force. Throughout my many years of school I learned a few tricks to not only de-stress, but to make myself feel like a princess in the midst of all the chaos. Below are 5 simple ways to treat yourself to some self love.

1. Have a "you day" at home

Every once in a while I have a day off of both school and work. While rare, these days are absolute gems for de-stressing. At least once a month I plan out and set aside a day to just veg out. You heard me right, a day of nothing but my silk robe, a bowl of my favorite strain and a lot of me time. It's so simple, yet does wonders for both my body and my mental state. So go draw yourself a bath with some bubbles, read a book and just enjoy some good ol' fashion me time.

2. Netflix and chill

Okay, I know what you're thinking, but no you don't REALLY need a second person to Netflix and chill. With that said, if you want to bring someone along for the ride, by all means, more power to you girl. With that said buying yourself a toy works just as well. Some of my go-to shows are "Working Moms" and "Girl Boss."

3. Get in a workout

Whether it's shaking your booty, climbing up some rock walls or lifting some weights, I would highly recommend finding one or two ways that you can get your sweat on, but still have a blast at the same time. It's like a 2 for 1! You can release actual chemicals that make you feel good while having fun.

4. Take yourself shopping

Now, this can be risky as you may just clear out your wallet, but set limits and treat yourself right and everything will be just fine. Stop by Victoria's Secret and grab a new cute pair of underwear or stop by Urban Outfitters and grab a new necklace. To treat yourself does not mean you have to spend an arm and a leg.

5. Create an epic playlist

I am 100% guilty of creating a playlist for everything. Went through a breakup? New playlist. New month? New playlist. Spilled my iced coffee on my way to class? New playlist. You get the gist, right? Nothing is too insignificant for a good playlist. Plus, you can always either come back to it or create a new one when you get bored.

Self-love does not always have to be this big elaborate plan, I promise. In fact, the simple stuff is so often overlooked that when you do it, it is just that much better. Remember, you're a badass and even badasses need a little self-love here and there.