7 Therapeutic Self-Care Methods

7 Therapeutic Self-Care Methods

Self-care needs to be a priority.

106

Living as college students, we can be easily overwhelmed by trying to balance a fulfilling school and social life that we tend to put or mental and physical health off to the side as something secondary. Here are seven therapeutic self-care methods i use to cope with my everyday.

1. Making Playlists & Exploring New Music

Listening to music can be such a cleansing experience. Take the time to do a deep dive into some tunes that just might do that for you.

2. Studying in a Cafe

Nothing feels better than a productive day on a rainy day with a cup of coffee. Although self-care methods are traditionally not associated with doing work, I love knowing that I am getting a lot of things done which washes away some of my worries about the overload of work.

3. Walking a short distance instead of Lyfting

Although we do have the convenience of lyft and uber to go anywhere, I try to walk once in a while if it is a short distance. Because we are unable to find time to exercise every single day, it's important for our bodies to receive a bit of exercise which can be incorporated into our daily lives. It always feels good after a long walk home.

4. Writing thank you letters to people you love and appreciate

Even though it might feel cheesy to write a letter out of the blue, writing letters helps you deeply reflect about the friendships and relationships you have in your life and make you appreciate little things. Aside from the therapeutic effect of writing letters, people around you will also feel warm & nice to receive a letter from you.

5. Skin Care Routines

The perfect way to unwind the day is to make some time for skin care. Skin care isn't just a practical method to make your skin look healthier but it connotes relaxation and a night for yourself. If you have time in the morning, it is also a really refreshing way to start out your day.

6. Planning Ahead - Future Trips and Events

One way I'm comforted about my worries and uncertainties about the future is to plan ahead, even if that means months ahead. Physically putting down what you have to do actually helps eliminate the stress that comes from thinking there is so much to do and it also helps you stay organized.

7. Cook For Yourself!

Cooking for yourself once in a while keeps you not only healthy but also allows you some time to focus on one thing instead of your thoughts wandering off to your worries. I personally love cooking eggs for breakfast and a small avocado toast to start off my day.