Five Ways to Self Care at Temple FOR FREE

5 Ways To Practice Self Care On Temple University's Campus...For Free

Caring for yourself is all about setting aside some time and effort towards making yourself feel good! With your busy schedule, here are 5 Ways to Self Care for FREE on Temple's Campus.

941

The term, "self-care" has become a buzz word for people learning to take care of themselves. College students, in particular, understand the drawbacks of putting self- care on the back burner and end up quite literally burning out by the time finals week rolls around. It's often mistaken as "treating yourself" which can be a form of self-care, but it's not the only one. Caring for yourself is all about setting aside some time and effort towards making yourself feel good! With your busy schedule, here are 5 Ways to Self Care for FREE on Temple's Campus:

Read!

Samuel Paley Library

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWZgUDcJ45U

The number one way is to read! Enrich your mind! It can be difficult to find time to read with the massive assignments on our syllabi, but with Spring Break on its way, take some time to get cuddled up with your book of choice. All Temple Students have access to Paley Library, right at the middle of campus. Paley is the home to thousands of titles in a wide range of tastes. Go on in and borrow a book, and if they don't have what you're looking for, you can utilize the EZ borrow service which allows you to borrow books from other schools.

Exercise

Inside TUF, Temple University Fitness, one of Temple's three gyms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qdv1guXRuOk

Exercise is another very popular form of self-care. Getting your heart rate up, releasing endorphins and sweating are all proven methods of improving your mood. Your body will thank you for it too! At Temple, we are lucky enough to have three gyms on campus (that are included in our tuition), so check it out the next time you need a study break.

Group Fitness Classes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuMDenIN5s8

This goes along with exercising but I want to highlight the fact that Temple has FREE Group Fitness classes every day at the main gym, the Independence Blue Cross Center. These sessions even go on when Temple's campus is closed for weather. The gym offers cardio classes such as Cycling, Full Body Toning and Kardio Kick that will make you sweat the stress away.

Yoga

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bZcY4IYrnE

This is an offset of Group Fitness, but I'd like to highlight that the gym offers three different types of yoga classes. There's your typical flow yoga, gentle yoga which is fantastic for beginners and Mindfulness Meditation, generally offered at nighttime to help you clear your mind and wind down. Check Campus Recreation's schedule online for more!

Temple Wellness Resource Center

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E42dm43fvks

Temple's Wellness Resource Center is an amazing resource on campus. Located in Mitten Hall, the wellness center has consultants that will help you find everything that you need. Temple Educators lead educational workshops that can help combat stress and anxiety. There is also a room with adult coloring books, soothing music, and other activities to help you slow down as well as a place to do homework.