Seek Meraki

Seek Meraki

To do something with soul, creativity, or love

143
Seek Meraki
Instagram

I stumbled upon this Greek word a while back while scrolling through Pinterest. Since then it has become my life motto and favorite word because there is so much meaning packed into it. The word is meraki.

Meraki means “to do something with soul creativity or love; to put something of yourself within your work.”

This is what I strive for in everything I choose to do, because if not then what is the point of doing it.

I’ve struggled for the past year in choosing a major, and still have yet to decide that, but I always come back to this word when I think about it.

Do what you love. An advisor told me that the other day after I met with her. It’s so true though. If you do what you love then you are going to love what you do. If you seek meraki in everything you do, you are going to love it because you will leave a little piece of yourself in it.

It’s like art. Any art form really, even writing. I’m no expert on paintings or drawings, but they’re all made for a reason, to convey something, to leave you with some sort of feeling. Writing does that too.

I think it’s easy to forget why we do things sometimes because they become so routine they may start to become mundane, or at least seem like it. You can't let society ruin your love you passion for something. You can't let yourself ruin that love and passion. There is so much beauty in the world, you included, and the sooner and more often you remember that, the better off you'll be.

Whenever you lack motivation, or are just feeling down about the world in general, remember why you do what you do.

Remember why you love running, because your mind can push your legs farther than you ever thought possible.

Remember why you love the sun because it rises and sets everyday.

Remember why you love writing because sometimes the words place themselves together and say exactly what you are feeling.

Remember why you’re really in college, because you want to save the world, in your own way.

Seek meraki in everything and be filled with love.