5 Secret Spots Where SCU Students Love To Take Breaks Between Classes

Newsflash: You don't always have to hang out at Benson.

253
Instagram

We SCU students are blessed that our school is so small and cozy. We hardly ever get lost, we can walk from one end to the other in a comfortable time, and we generally know the campus pretty well. It’s easy to meet people and we always see our friends around. All our classrooms, our dining hall, and other activities are within a close proximity of us. By winter quarter of freshman year, we already know SCU pretty well and we always feel like we’re at home.

On the other hand, it sometimes might feel like we know SCU a little too well. There are no secret tunnels and passageways or doors with passwords that lead to a room full of candy. Everyone knows the popular hangout places, like Benson, the gym, or even the library.

Sometimes, these places can get really crowded and it can be hard to find a new, quiet place to just relax or study in peace. Surely, there has to be some interesting places to hang out at throughout the campus, even if they do not sound that interesting. There has to be some nice spots, whether it be outside on the lawns or inside dorm classrooms.

There has to be some cool places that not everyone knows about so I asked some SCU students for some secret spots on campus that not everyone might know about.

1. Technology Room in Casa Italiana:

Sometimes, it’s hard to reserve library rooms or classrooms for group study sessions, especially during midterms and finals weeks. Even classrooms in dorms can get crowded pretty quickly. The technology room in Casa is pretty private; not even the front desk attendants know about it. As soon as you enter Casa, turn right and it is the first door on your right. Weird how it’s always empty!

2. St. Clare’s Room in the library:

Another spot to study and it has a rusty vintage look to it, St. Clare’s is located in the third floor of the library. It’s usually empty and it’s very spacious.

3. Adobe Lounge/Gardens:

Located behind Adobe Hall, these gardens have a large green space to relax on and bathe in the sunlight. There are plenty of pretty flora to admire and the area is a great place to take a walk in.

4. Swig Sky Lounge:

Swig is known for being the crazy dorm, but the top floor can be very calming and relaxing. The sky lounge is very comfortable and a great place for doing homework. Additionally, it offers a great view of the campus and city.

5. 3rd floor of Main Parking Garage:

While it might seem like a regular old parking garage, the top floor is actually a really cool place to hang out, especially to take pictures. It looks over the soccer field, so in the night with the lights, pictures come out amazing. There aren’t many cars that drive by on the third floor, so it offers a great place to skateboard as well.