My Secret Admiration for Tomi Lahren

My Secret Admiration for Tomi Lahren

Last Week Will Probably be Her Final Thoughts

813
My Secret Admiration for Tomi Lahren
The Daily Beast

For Tomi and my readers:

Tomi Lahren was suspended from the Blaze Monday when she had a change of heart on The View regarding abortions — she has identified as pro-choice.

Let me say this before I say anything; Tomi, you are a beautiful woman, exceptional writer with the gift of persuasion. However, I want to know, did you do this whole “Final Thoughts” thing for the right reasons? Or was that check right?

I say this because she identifies as a Conservative while living in a progressive era, which is not necessarily a bad thing or her fault. Since we are a nation of progress I understand that we will have some views that are progressive, whether we identify as conservative or not so I will not use that against her.

However it’s her packaging and past receipts that’s throwing me off. You see, I have a very keen sense of marketing. Meaning I know how to appeal to certain audiences by figuring out where something could fit or what is missing within something so I can fill it. When that ‘something’ is found, I would embody whichever persona or idea benefitting me the quickest. However, I no longer use those tactics because I am trying this thing where I am honest with myself and others around me.

But you, honey, I am skeptical.

I don’t mind that she is pro-choice, I truly believe she is. I just don't like how she implied she was pro-life through her rhetoric. I guess I should say my perception of her gave me the impression that she was an all-in conservative. Maybe because she is such a Trump-ride-or-die-er and in their world Trumpcan (and has)done wrong but they still ride, no matter what.

Although the way I perceived Lahren gave me this idea — I don’t believe my perception blinded me since I watched her interviews and examined what type of person she was, beneath the blonde hair before making any assumptions. That is where I got my “she might be more of a Liberal-Republican but won’t change her ways because The Blaze won’t cut that check” idea.

Let me be explain why Tomi’s words got her in trouble. Stuart Hall theorized this phenomenon called encoding and decoding. This is a process where we — the encoder, give out information we’ve gathered about subjects, moments, people (including ourselves), etc. while the other (decoder) gets the information and interprets it in their own way based on their knowledge of the information. This can lead to misunderstanding yes, but if you have control over all the information released — meaning you are the primary source and your primary sources are contradicting each other and no corrections being are made — you are going to seem illegitimate.

Tomi are you really a conservative? Or are you just a normal woman with different views of the world? Did you accept the conservative label because it would get you up the media ladder?

I remember her interview with Trevor Noah and how she said she was a conservative even though she didn’t believe in labels. Many thought it was funny, I didn’t. I thought it was a major contradiction for maybe an identity crisis or a personal obligation.

Is she a conservative?

I read one of her writings published during her years at UNLV about a stripper who payed her way through college by working the pole. It was a crisp and interesting piece exploring — even accepting the perspective of a 21 year old stripper. In the article, Tomi gave the reader the idea of separating the woman from her job, while creating a sort of understanding of the exotic dancing industry. This I totally agree with, although I wouldn’t want my daughter or anyone close to me stripping . I enjoyed it because while reading it I saw as a rising media star.

Looking back, It now makes me think; what happened to that open minded Tomi?

After researching Lahren’s career as host and assistant producer of UNLV’s political web series The Scramble, Host of OAN's (One America News) On Point — Similar to Liz Wheeler’s Final Point who is also an OAN employee.. Ha, and her now suspended position as host of The Blaze’s Final Thoughts, I now realize how republican she really is. I mean, she is apart of the middle class and we all know they’ve been suffering. Some say it is because the poor are getting a boost on the middle class’ dime.

Hol’ up.

Why are middle class Americans upset at Obama and don’t agree with government interference? Simply because we all, as Americans, get taxed, but the more you make, the higher you are taxed. Hence Drake’s line “nowadays it’s six figures when they tax me.” But these middle class Americans are suffering the most because they really do work hard by using capitalism to their advantage, but instead of living comfortably they are stuck fronting the bill for the poor. While the poor are crippled, unable to climb up the ladder because they are set up for failure — this doesn’t mean climbing is impossible; if a man in a wheelchair can manage to get around so can anyone else, but that doesn’t make the skewed system fair —  and the rich are evading taxes at all costs, or lack thereof.

Just had to make that clear so we can start understanding each other to hopefully solve some problems. Now back to Lahren.

The comment that had me ,  and most of the commentators flocking toward the Tomi situation going "whaa?," was her “baby killer” comments made during one of her Final Thoughts segments airing about three months ago covering liberal actress/producer Lena Dunham and her “love” for abortions. To express her usual outrage with whatever issue she’s chosen for the week — this week it was abortion, Lahren described pro-choice advocates as “pro-choicers,” automatically separating herself from the supposed fetus-killing clan. See to me, it wasn’t her findings or ideas that upset me, it was the words she used to imply she was pro-life.

Why would she do that?

If she is a free thinker like she claims to be, why did she go so hard on the “baby killers?” Maybe it’s because she didn’t want to condone abortions while also believing in the freedom of choice -- like the right to bare arms. Then why use such a word? Why call them baby killers? It just doesn’t make sense.

Is she really a conservative? Or does she want to depict a new conservative image denouncing the “old, white, male” perception?

By the way there is nothing wrong with that, but you actually have to be that to do that. According to the Oxford dictionary in order to be a conservative you’d have to be “averse to change or innovation [while] holding traditional values” mostly due to religion — and abortion, according to the Bible, is wrong. It’s okay to have differentiating ideas but being something as historically controversial as abortion, it causes friction between her and the conservative community. Especially since she went back on her implication of being pro-life.

Tomi Lahren http://www.personaldefenseworld.com/2016/10/tomi-lahren-interview-theblaze/

Honestly I understand her Final Thoughts commentary to be an illustration of a new ideology, whether she knows it or not. By taking that job and spewing out her "thoughts" she silenced her responsibility as a honest human being with a platform by being a mouthpiece for the ignorant. When I watched her commentaries I would see her potential masked by a stubborn sense of belonging — similar to Sam White. Yeah she has a thing for Taylor Swift and her favorite director is Bergman but she claims she likes Bebop and Spike Lee (and NO the black experience is NOT fabricated or masked I’m speaking SOLELY about the character in the film, which is Dear White People btw).

Sam White “Dear White People” http://giphy.com/search/dear-white-people

It’s okay to have an opinion but make sure the opinion is YOURS.

Make that money, don’t let it make you.

MORAL:

Be yourself and learn from your mistakes or it will keep hurting you.

Tomi has so much potential, hopefully it goes in the right direction