14 Bible Scriptures To Help Strengthen Your Relationship With Your Significant Other

There is no fear in love. There is kindness and patience.

113209
Unsplash

Relationships WILL struggle. They will fall, they will take time, and they will take hard work.

This is when we need to rely on God. We need to rely on God when things are getting the best of us in a relationship, when things keep going south, and when God isn't the center of the relationship.

Here is a few bible scriptures to help with a couple that is in a serious relationship that needs strength:

1. 1 Corinthians 13: 4-5

"Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wrong."

Read this for the times when you need patience and need to get over jealously. In a relationship you also need to realize things will not go your way and they aren't suppose to go your way. It is suppose to go as God's way. And his only. There does not need to be any grudges being held and keeping record of all the wrong doing that each other has done in a relationship. Forgive and forget. Again, love is patient and KIND.

2. Ephesians 4: 2

"Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love."

Be gentle with another, simple as that.

3. 1 John 3: 18

"Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth."

Loving one another can be with words but we need to do it by actions as well. Do something for each other out of love, not just saying that you love them.

4. 1 John 4: 18

"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love."

Now a days, people are scared to love. They are scared of commitment and hard work that a relationship takes. But if you know Jesus and love Jesus, loving should never be a problem for you in a relationship. Jesus is love and he is perfect. Being scared of love and having commitment issues is not an excuse because Jesus loved wholeheartedly and that is what we need to do in a relationship.

5. Philippians 4: 6

"Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done."

If you are in love with someone, we should never worry about anything in the relationship. We need to have that mindset as, "whatever happens, happens, it is not up to us how this relationship works out. It's up to God and the plans he has for us."

If you start to worry what-so-ever in your relationship, pray about it. Talk to God about it. Tell God what you need from it and thank him for giving you this love that you'd never thought in a million years you'd get.

6. Colossians 3: 13-14

"Make allowance for each other's faults, and forgive anyone who offends you. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others. Above all, clothe yourselves with love, which binds us all together in perfect harmony."

If your significant other hurt you, forgive them. As much as I know how hard it can be due to the situation, you need to forgive them. Jesus died for our sins so that we can be forgiven. Since Jesus did that and DIED for us, we can easily forgive someone who has hurt us.

7. 1 Peter 4: 8

"Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multiple of sins."

Love each other when we have sinned. We all have sinned in our lives but love covers it up. God loves us even when we have sinned but he knows our hearts better than we do. To what I am getting to, love each other when one another sins when we think we can't love ourselves for it.

8. 1 Corinthians 13: 6-7

"Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance."

In a relationship, usually you are in it for a the long haul. Things will get hard, things will get tough, and sometimes you might begin to wonder if you can do it anymore, but you have to remember LOVE NEVER GIVES UP. You can never lose faith in it and you need to be always hopeful. God put you in it and God will take you out of it if it is not meant to be.

9. Song of Solomon 3: 4

"Scarcely had I passed them when I found him whom my soul loves."

Sometimes you just know in your heart and in your soul who is going to be your forever.

10. Romans 12: 10

"Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves."

BE. DEVOTED. TO. ONE. ANOTHER. If you are in a relationship, its you two, not three people. We need to respect one another and lift each other up above ourselves because why be selfish? There is no greedy or selfishness in a relationship. You should build your partner up in this world.

11. James 1: 19

"My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry."

From this bible verse, we need to be quick to listen to our significant other if something is going on with them and wait for our turn to speak. And if they tell us something that might make us angry, hold that thought - don't let it anger you.

12. Ephesians 4: 32

"Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another. As God in Christ forgave you."

Go back to what I have said about Colossians 3: 13-14.

13. Romans 14: 19

"Let us follow after things which make for peace, and things by which we may build one another up."

Lets go after the things in life that are good, that bring peace and happiness. That isn't toxic for us. Go after the things in a relationship for all of the right reasons and build one another up with those.

14. 1 Corinthians 16: 14

"Let all that you do be done with love."

Do everything out of love. In or out of a relationship. Being in one, love them when they are at their darkest moment in their life and love them when they are at their brightest too. Having an argument for instance, do it out of love because you care so much for that person. Do. Everything. With. Love. Because God, God does everything for us with HIS amazing love.

When in doubt pray to God about your relationship and read some of these scriptures. He will hear your cry out for help. God is always here for you and he is always here to help strengthen you and your relationship. And remember, your relationship is not up to you if it'll work out or not, its up to our God.

From Your Site Articles