An Inside Scoop On Nick Viall

An Inside Scoop On Nick Viall

All your background info for the newest bachelor, Nick.

124
An Inside Scoop On Nick Viall

Have you ever heard the saying, “the fourth time's the charm?” Last Monday, "The Bachelor" Season 22 premiere unraveled in a whirlwind of emotions nationwide, as well as bringing up many mixed emotions within the bachelor mansion itself. And who is the man of the hour that is both idolized and hated nationwide? Let me introduce you to Nick Viall, a Wisconsin native whose appearance on "The Bachelor" has unleashed a lot of debate.

Oftentimes, the season premiere of the iconic show on ABC lacks a thorough background on the bachelor/bachelorette themselves. I have been watching "The Bachelor" for years now (yes, we all have our guilty pleasures) and have watched Nick from his very first appearance as a contestant on Andi Dorfman’s season of "The Bachelorette." His character has been extremely dynamic, evolving from the show's most hated contestant to an admirable and humbled individual. For those who have stuck by Nick’s side since his first appearance on "The Bachelorette," you know that he was negatively perceived for his somewhat selfish and contradicting actions. However, when Nick experienced his two broken hearts, one from Andi and a second from Kaitlyn, his attitude became humbled as he entered "Bachelor in Paradise" for his third attempt at finding love. Successful in paradise, Nick and Jen hit it off, but when it came time for the final proposal, Nick was unable to commit. "The Bachelor" fan base and family has decided that Nick deserves love just as much as anyone else, and named him Season 22’s bachelor. For those who are unaware of who Nick is, where he came from, and what he is all about, here is a bit of background information to keep in mind.

Physical Appearance

Height: 6'2"

Eye Color: Brown

Hair Color: Blonde/Light Brown

Waist: 32"

Suit: 40" R

Shoe Size: 11 US (wow)

Hometown: Waukesha, Wisconsin

Nick is originally from Waukesha, Wisconsin, a suburb of Milwaukee that has a population of approximately 71,000 people. As a senior at Waukesha North High School, Nick won state in the 800-meter run at the 1999 WIAA Track and Field Championship.

Family

Nick is clearly a family man as he is one of 11 siblings. He is the second oldest of the 11, with his closest brother seven years younger. His mother, Mary, is a home decorator and his father, Christopher, works for Ries Graphics Ltd. Nick has six sisters and four brothers. Who wouldn’t love a family guy?

College

Nick attended the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, where he graduated in 2004 with a bachelor’s degree in business administration. At the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, he was team captain for their track and field team and was a part of the school record-breaking 3200-meter relay team. Along with Nick being athletic, his sister also played basketball for UWM and was inducted into the Bud K. Haidet Athletics Hall of Fame.

Work

Originally from Waukesha, Nick now lives and works in Chicago, Illinois. With a business administration degree, Nick is an account executive at Salesforce, which is a company dedicated to helping other businesses grow quickly. His title sounds complicated, but in layman's terms, he develops and manages relationships with Salesforce customers. To all of those who pegged Nick as just a “professional dater,” he does have a real job, and is a very professional man off camera.

Miscellaneous

Nick is a model that is represented by Wilhemina International, a world renowned modeling agency.

He is the second oldest bachelor in the history of the show at the age of 36.

His drink of choice is Whiskey on the rocks.

Cholula sauce is always in his fridge.

His favorite snack is Cheetos.

He is an avid comic book reader and dressed up as the Joker from "Suicide Squad" for Halloween (and pulled it off very well, might I add).

He cares about his canine friends just as much as his human friends (adorable man with an adorable dog, not fair).

Now that you know Nick a little better than you did before, you know that he is not a bad guy at all and that you and he might have a few things in common. My heart goes out to Nick, in hopes that the fourth time is the charm.