making mental health a priority

Your Mental Health Is Just As Important As Your Homework, So Schedule That Into Your Planner

Make it a priority.

45
https://unsplash.com/photos/n1kw03eDpZ0

Sometimes I'd like to think that juggling work, school, and friends are simply a balancing act. From planning out things into your busy schedule to making lists with items that never seem to get checked off, the act of trying to have it all together just isn't working anymore.

You can schedule homework due dates or dinner dates with friends in your planner, but what about time for yourself? If you're someone who's always going, going, going...when does it end? Time for yourself is SO important for your mental health. If you don't realize that, the busyness of life is going to eventually take a toll on you.

Too often, we get caught up in everyday tasks to even remember how important it is to focus on ourselves every now and then.

My task for you is to pencil in some time for yourself, for the sake of your mental health, into your schedule- no matter how busy it may be. Whether that means spending a whole day in bed catching up on sleep, taking yourself out for coffee, or reading a great book, do it. And do it often. You will thank yourself in the long run.

Even if there are other things you could be doing, sometimes those things have to get put on the backburner in order for you to relax. You won't be productive at school or work if your mind is struggling. It can be hard to realize, but it's the best decision you'll ever make. Doing something that makes you happy, despite everything piling up that needs to be done, will put you into a better mood in all other aspects of your busy schedule. So go ahead, carve out some "me time" and enjoy it.