What It's Like To Be The Girl Who Can't Say No

Because Yes, There Is Such A Thing As Being Too Nice

51
https://www.pexels.com/photo/assorted-color-umbrellas-1486861/

Everyone should be a nice person, that's a given that I believe just about most of us would agree with. However, at one point it is too much, and I am fully to blame for this. And quite honestly it can make life difficult.

I'm a people pleaser. I love to make my friends and quite anyone I can happy. This comes in quite handy as I work in retail, but sometimes it can really affect my friendships and my personal life.

If a friend needs help, I'm there. However, that also means that dropping what I'm doing. It means putting my needs and whatever I need to be doing on hold. Obviously helping a friend is super important. That's a given and a must. However, you don't have to be at your bestie's beck and call 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. The constant dropping of what you're doing will soon keep pushing your priorities further and further down the list.

I love to see what I do make others happy. That truly does make me happy. How could it not? Well, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes I'm left wondering when the favors going to be returned. Everyone has those friends that expect the world from you with nothing in return. Those are not true friends. They will take advantage of your inability to say no. I've learned these are not the friends you want in your life.

Each time you say yes it starts to feel more and more frustrating. You are right in the middle of something. Or you know it could make others upset. Or you simply don't want to (it really is okay to be a little selfish from time to time). Except, like every time before you still say yes. Why? Maybe it's the anxiety of what happens if you say no. Will they be hurt? Mad? Understanding? Totally cool and fine with it? It could just be a me thing, but it does truly stress me out at the idea of saying no to a friend when I can willingly help them.

I wholeheartedly believe that sometimes there is such a thing as being too nice.