prince charming doesn't exist
relationships

To The Girls Saying Goodbye To Prince Charming, I Don't Think He Exists Either

We all want our chance, our love story.

132
https://unsplash.com/photos/s7nDxIfbD6o

I remember the way she looked at him, her eyes looking directly into his, she seemed to say I love you through a simple look. Falling in love all over again. I didn't know them, and they didn't know me. But it didn't take knowing them to know she was his princess, and in him, she had found her prince.

We all want that.

We all want our chance, our love story.

I know I did.

Looking at them was like being on the set of a movie, it was only a glimpse, but the look she gave him was priceless.

I've longed to be looked at like that, I've wanted someone to admire me, to think "gosh, I get to be with her." I've wanted a soul mate, a best friend, someone who I could have the best and worst of times with.

Someone who gets me, and accepts me.

Someone I could trust and knew I was theirs, and they were mine. I've wanted love, I've wanted the happily ever after where my dad would give me away, my mom would cry, and everyone in the crowd would look at us and be so happy for our new life together.

I've wanted my person, my one, the one I knew God had designed for me and brought into my life to help me along on the journey.

But sometimes I think I'm still on that movie set, dreaming.

And in my case, it's only a bunch of props and a fake storyline.

Because I'm not the girl who waited.

Our kiss wouldn't be my first, my white dress wouldn't symbolize purity, nothing would be new, and I know you couldn't possibly want that. Or you might say you do, and then days, weeks, months later you'll loathe me and the jealousy and frustration of my past will be far too big for you to overlook.

I'm afraid the tears of joy grooms get seeing their brides walking down the aisle won't, in fact, be tears of joy for us, but rather of disappointment. And I've already disappointed myself.

But what I've come to learn is that instead of being sad for myself, I can be happy for others.

I've learned that I'm never truly alone.

I don't need a wedding, or a ring to make me feel like I'm chosen. Because I already am.

Age is just a number, so no matter how old, or how young I am, it doesn't matter if you do life with me or not. Because I'll still be living.

Though Prince Charming might not exist, I still get a fairytale. And you do too.

Because I get to see him every day in the eyes of my dad, and I see him when my grandpa opens the door for my grandma, or when my best friend gets a bouquet of roses.

And we can all be happy because happiness doesn't depend on what we have.

And there's more to life than a Prince Charming.