What Can I Do To Save My Planet?

What Can I Do To Save My Planet?

Here’s some simple things that each one of us can do everyday.

80
What Can I Do To Save My Planet?

It’s no secret that we are destroying our Earth day by day. We all see the pictures of sad animals, global warming scales, etc., online, but what can we really do to ensure that our future generations will have a home? Here’s some simple things that each one of us can do everyday.

Recycle:

It is so simple and is free pretty much everywhere, most cities will do free pick-up as well. Recycling reduces the amount of trash being thrown into the landfill to be burned and in turn reduces the amount of pollution produced from harmful chemicals and greenhouse gasses.

Compost:

There are so many unexpected items that decompose and can be used as fertilizer for your garden. Rather than throwing away banana peels, put them outside. This reduces the amount of food being wasted and put into a landfill and it also is a natural way to feed your garden.

Up-ycle:

I always made fun of my grandma for keeping leftovers in an old sour cream container but she had a good point: not only does reusing things save you money but it saves the environment as well. That’s what I like to call a win-win.

Eat Local:

Restaurants that use local produce don’t need to ship their ingredients across the country so you aren’t paying for the food trucks to pollute the environment.

Reuse Grocery Bags:

It’s so hard to actually remember to do this one, but if everyone brought their own bags to the grocery store, maybe we would stop finding so many plastic bags in the oceans.

Ditch the plastic water bottles:

This saves you money, you won’t be ingesting BPA and the amount of oil used to produce plastic water bottles would decrease drastically.

Cut down on paper products:

Reach for the notebook that is made from recycled paper instead so some cute little squirrels can keep their home. Use a towel instead of paper towels. Deforestation has endangered so many species on Earth.