13 Songs That Will Get You In Your Feelings

Get some tissues and turn up your volume dial because you are about to cry. In the best way though!

105

People need to start realizing it's okay to be sad! When you are feeling in the dumps, these songs will either uplift you or make you sadder. Pick your battle and let's do this!

1. Hopeful by Ta-ku

This is a melodic, instrumental song that will melt your heart. Every time I hear this song, I reminisce and feel a jolt of love through my bones. There's also an amazing shift change towards the end of the song that is revitalizing.

2. Wait by M83

There's an 80% chance you have listened to this song once in your lifetime. It's probably because every movie wants a snippet of the song to display a sad or dramatic moment. Either way, this song makes me feel hurt every time I hear it.

3. Stranger In A Room by Jammie XX and Oliver Simm

Man, this song hits home for me. Have you ever been in a room with somebody that was once important to you and now they are just another stranger? Jamie already has a haunting voice over the song, and you feel paralyzed.

4. Is There Somebody Who Can 

SORRY I HAD TO... This song reminds me of my little brothers. Matty wrote this for his, so I think about how they are doing now that I am away from home. I have DEFINITELY cried to this song before.

5. The Night We Met by Lord Huron

This song is haunting because we can all recall a time we first met someone and how they impacted our lives. The echoing voice reminds me of another time. I will always appreciate this song.

6. BURY YOU by SBTRKT feat. The-Dream

I just remembered this song and got chills. The beat in this gets to you because this song is about putting a toxic person in the past and "burying them."

This Song Is Not About A Girl by Flume & Chet Faker 

"Cocaine heart is broken/time to retire," at least I think those are the lyrics. This song has an amazing buildup that will get you in or out of your feels. Chet Faker has a memorizing voice that deserves to be recognized.

Find You by Robert Glasper Experiment x KATYRANDA

Robert Glasper Experiment has a very interesting approach to jazz, and KATYRANDA knows his way around making a good beat. The lyrics of this song are relatable to anyone who has experienced a heartbreak. This song has gotten me through some hard times.

9. Rivers and Roads by The Head and The Heart

This song immediately reminds me of my best friend who lives in Chicago. She's far away from me and I miss her every day. "Rivers 'til I reach you" gets me through the stressful times in college when I know I will see her soon. I have cried with her listening to this song. Love you boo!

Daughters by John Mayer

I get major childhood memories listening to this song because my mom and dad used to sing me this song. Now that I'm getting older, this song will always be close to my heart.

11. Nikes by Frank Ocean

How could I forget to mention Frank Ocean? I just started listening to him a few weeks ago (I have been missing out on a LOT). He has a beautiful falsetto voice paired with chill beats. I find myself singing this song the most from his album. There are several Frank Ocean songs you can post for when you're in your feelings but this is the right song for me.

12.Get You by Daniel Caesar feat. Kali Uchis

Another artist to check out is Daniel Caesar. He has beautiful slow and romantic songs that make you want to live your fantasy. This has a positive outlook on relationships, so this puts me in my feels the right way.

13. Stay by Mac Miller

Last but CERTAINLY NOT LEAST, we have Mac. Even before the tragic news, this song (or entire album) put me in my feelings because it is romantic and funky and unique. This one is for you, we love and miss you dearly.