Why Should You Rush TKE

Why Should You Rush TKE

Are you interested in joining greek life? Come check us out !

211
Why Should You Rush TKE
http://go.alma-tke.com/about/latest-news/

Why should people go Greek? Well in my opinion, it was one of the best decisions of my entire life and believe that it is very beneficial. I joined a social fraternity called Tau Kappa Epsilon also known as TKE. Joining TKE back in the fall of 2013 was a very big step for me, but what is TKE? Let me give you a little background info about the largest fraternity in the world!

TKE has over 240 active chapters in the world in the US and also in Canada. Throughout history, there have been over 250,000 men that have chosen to be apart of the bond. The philanthropy that we help out the most is St. Jude Children's Hospital and have donated millions and millions of dollars. The reason why we help out St. Jude the most is because Danny Thomas, who is the founder of St. Jude was a brother! I have logged hundreds of hours helping St Jude's and believe in everything they do.

A few notable alumni of the fraternity would be Howard Schultz, the founder of Starbucks, also Aaron Rodgers, Steve Forbes, and past president Ronald Reagan. All of these very successful men are apart of the bond and have shown that we really do build better men for a better world. "Better men for a better world," is our slogan and holds true today.

A few facts about SVSU's chapter of TKE is that we are the Upsilon-Delta chapter of the fraternity. We have been at SVSU since 2001 and have initiated over 250 men into the bond. This past year, we have raised over $3,000 for St. Jude for our event "TEKEer-Totter" and every dollar we raised was a minute that we had to be on this giant totter. Brothers and friends that have helped out sat on the totter through the night and camped out in the President's Courtyard in the middle of campus. I was there and we had a tv out there that showed how long we has to be on the totter and it just kept going up. People were really supporting our cause and every time I looked over, the money we were raising kept going up. We were really into this event and was extremely successful. The last night we were out there, we had brothers from the Northwood chapter come over and help with the event. That was really cool how we got to meet and hangout with brothers that I had not yet met.

In conclusion, TKE is one of the biggest fraternities in the world and is considered to be one of the best because of its philanthropic events, and how much of a powerhouse it really is. The fraternity has had my back for years and want everyone to know how great it is. I strongly believe that we have made a very big impact here at SVSU and if you want to get to know some great guys to have your back and will always pick you up when you are down, then you should rush TKE. We would be glad to have you! Come check us out for rush week and we will show you what we are about!