Rupi Kaur's "Milk and Honey" Puts Feelings Into Words

the hurting. the loving. the breaking. the healing.
524

After hearing the great reviews of Rupi Kaur's "Milk and Honey" I had to pick up the book and see what all of the hype was about myself. Once completing this book I realized why it has become a #1 New York Times Bestseller. Her book is divided into four sections; the hurting, the loving, the breaking and the healing. Kaur finds a way to make the reader not only feel what she has gone through but take the reader through the journey of their lives too. She knows how to put the many feelings and emotions one experiences into perfect words and phrases which relate to the reader.

Here are just a few of my many favorite quotes by Kaur:

1. "how is it so easy for you

to be kind to people he asked

milk and honey dripped

from my lips as i answered

cause people have not

been kind to me"

2. "it is a part of the human experience to feel pain do not be afraid open yourself to it"

- evolving

3. "if you were born with the weakness to fall you were born with the strength to rise"

4. "don't mistake salt for sugar if he wants to be with you he will it's that simple"

5. "i thank the universe for taking everything it has taken and giving to me everything it is giving"

- balance

6. "the thing worth holding on to would not have let go"

7. "it takes grace to remain kind in cruel situations"

8. "to be soft is to be powerful"

9. "she was a rose in the hands of those who had no intention of keeping her"

10. "accept yourself as you were designed"

11. "you must want to spend the rest of your life with yourself first"

12. "give to those who have nothing to give to you"

- seva (selfless service)

13. "i have what i have and i am happy i've lost what i've lost and i am still happy"

- outlook