Rooming with your best friend is actually a good idea.

When I found out I would be attending the same university as my cousin/best friend, I was ecstatic. I couldn't wait to be a five-minute walk from her at any given moment. Before we knew it, the opportunity to get an apartment together and be roommates came about and we jumped at the idea. She and I are a year apart and have been best friends all our lives. To be honest, we've wanted to live together for as long as I can remember.

I didn't think about the idea of living with her and it not working for even a second until people started mentioning it to us. When I would tell my friends that we were planning on living together they would say stuff like, "Are you sure that is a good idea?" and "Wow you guys are really close, that could be dangerous." Honestly, when people said this, I knew that we would be fine because we already spent so much time together as it was. After all, a few summers ago, we had twenty-eight sleepovers in a row. If you don't get sick of someone after that many consecutive days together, I think you should be okay.

Ignoring all other opinions, we decided that rooming together was going to be the best decision and signed the lease. After moving in, it made it so much easier having someone you're so close to living with you to feel like a little piece of home. I would like to say that we get into our fair share of arguments but at the end of the day we're still friends and whatnot, but that just isn't true. We have not gotten into a single argument since being here. I'm not sure if it's because we can't take each other seriously enough to do so, or if we just know that it's not worth fighting, but it's been 6 months and there's been little to no issues.

Living with your best friend is literally just having one of your favorite people in the world around all the time. Who wouldn't love that? All I can say is, if they leave a dirty dish, just clean it; or tell them straight to their face they're rude for not cleaning up after themselves, in which case they'll probably laugh in your face. The petty little arguments about cleaning and borrowing clothes are so not worth it, remember how lucky you are to be living with your bestie!

We've gotten even closer since moving in and we're living together next year, as well.

Whenever I have a bad day, I know I'll have her at home to support me and the same goes for her. We tell each other almost everything and cannot imagine what it would've been like if we didn't live together.

I'm super thankful I was given a cousin who truly became my best friend throughout our lives and I'm even more thankful we were given the opportunity to be roommates. If you're considering living with your best friend but you're worried you'll get fed up with them too fast, just do it! As long as you can solve the little issues that come up and don't take each other too seriously, you'll be fine.