20 Romantic Gestures That Do Not Include Buying Flowers

Because roses are SO overrated.

973
@colelabrant

Though you're not exactly sure about how you want to go about expressing your feelings to your sweetheart, you definitely know that a bouquet of flowers isn't even an option. While sweet, a bundle of even the prettiest roses or daisies is so overdone and isn't unique by any means. But your love deserves the absolute best, so if you're in a rut, here are a few ideas for romantic gestures that you can use on your mission to steal their heart

1. Give them an annotated copy of your favorite book

2. Take a copy of a page from their favorite book and make them a blackout poem

3. Write some sweet thoughts on Post-It notes and put them around their room

4. Dramatically recite Shakespearean love poems to them

5. Slow dance in the middle of the room with the lights turned down

6. Surprise them with their favorite coffee from their favorite café

7. Send them a series of love letters or cute postcards over a few days

8. Dress up in some of their clothes and surprise them with your new outfit when they come home

9. Film a quick video of yourself and talk about all the things you love about them

10. Take them to an art or history museum and narrate your visit like a silly tour guide

11. Spend an entire weekday morning relaxing together in bed

12. Go somewhere scenic to watch the sunrise, then go out for an early-bird breakfast

13. Get the two of you matching coffee mugs

14. Go to Walmart late at night and chase each other through the aisles

15. Leave a trail of breadcrumbs from the front door to the kitchen, leading your love to a home-cooked meal

(and offer to vacuum later)

16. Go to a ceramics studio and paint each other mugs or plates

17. Go to the pet store together and buy a fish that you can both take care of

18. Fill up the gas tank in your partner's car just because

19. Do your partner's laundry when they've had a rough week

20. Hold their hand when you go for a drive (but be safe!)

You've been armed with some of the best, most romantic ideas that you can use to woo your significant other over and over again. Go get 'em, tiger!