To My Romantic Boyfriend From Your Unromantic Girlfriend

"You have done it all, romantic boyfriend, and now it is time that I do the same."

1703
Tumblr

To The Romantic Boyfriend,

Or in others words, the real life Noah from the Notebook. This letter is my way of telling you all that I may have trouble saying sometimes. I know that I am not always the most affectionate woman in the world, but I want you to know that what I lack in romantic gestures, I hope to make up with my words.

Speaking of which, there are no words to really describe how I feel, which may explain why I am sometimes at a loss for words when it comes to your romantic gestures. I know that at times I “ruin the moment” with my jokes, which only reward me with a look and not laughter. It’s not that I don’t understand what you are saying, I just am still getting used to all of this. I am still getting used to having someone in my life that sees me for me and loves me regardless. And for that, I can’t thank you enough my romantic boyfriend. Because even with all that you do for me, loving me is the most romantic gesture of all.

Many are shocked when I tell them that you are the romantic one in the relationship. I feel that everyone assumes that the woman is the one who goes out of her way to keep the romance going, and that the man is the one who is forgetful of the anniversaries and the birthdays. But for us, it is, almost, the complete opposite. I guess that may make me a lucky one, as some say. The amount of times that you have gone above and beyond to make me smile is astounding. Such acts of love that you have done are bringing me soup when I’m sick, cooking me dinner for our anniversary and surprising me up at school on the days where I just was ready to throw in the towel. You have done it all, romantic boyfriend, and now it is time that I do the same.

Romantic boyfriend, according to popular belief, due to my lack of certain romantic gestures, I am the unloving one, but they couldn’t be more wrong and I know you know this. You feel it in my kiss when we meet again. You see it in the way I look at you. You experience it as I hold you and cast away all your fears and anxieties about life. While I may not be as romantic as the fated heroes in romantic comedies, I am in the real world sense, which I know you are aware of. While I may not always tell you what I am thinking, I can tell you that nine out of ten times, I am thinking of how lucky I am that I have you in my life. While I am not a fan of cheesy confessions of love and crack jokes one too many times, I am happy to say that my love for you is one of a kind and ironically, it is the kind that is often read about, in those, once again, cheesy romance novels.

Romantic boyfriend, please know that in the times I am quiet and in the times that I am unsure how to respond to your ideas and gestures, what is going on in my mind is the love I have for you.

With love,

The “Unromantic” Girlfriend.