Role Of UNESCO In Online Education

Role Of UNESCO In Online Education

Online Education

30
Role Of UNESCO In Online Education

As an official body for the promotion of global education, UNESCO has been taking several steps for reimagining and shaping learning forms. Because the right to education is the basic right of every child, individual, and learner, it determines the future of our humanity on the planet.

UNESCO had earlier discovered at the beginning of the pandemic that the shutting down of schools and universities impacted different spheres of individuals differently. For example, for courses and university students who were already used to the online form of education, it was easier to adapt to the new lifestyle. However, depending on the context, at the peak of the pandemic, 1.6 billion students were affected in total. Within these, a large scale of students lost the benefit of attending offline schools. The only solution was relying on a mobile teacher app for proper assistance and guidance.

Future of education

With the main vision and aim to make learning easier, UNESCO is accelerating its methods to achieve the aim of making knowledge widely available. This aim involves the combined effort of educators, the present youth generation, governments, businesses, and many stakeholders who have come together. There is now a new vision for learning come that should be available to every individual in a flexible manner. when teachers and students come together and find the best solution it ultimately comes down to finding the best app to teach online.

With many advancements in the digital world, the future of online education is bright.

Solutions to distance learning

Distance learning does not just involve the process of finding out the best mobile teacher app and adapting to its features. There are more aspects such as;

• Psychological support to students

Students have been feeling isolated, and cornered, unable to come up with their basic doubts to the educators since the beginning of the pandemic. UNESCO has taken the initiative to provide resources that give enough psychological support meant for protecting the well-being of their mental health. Some programs are made in collaboration with World Health Organization since enlightenment on mental health is important from a certified official international source.

• Psychological support for teachers

UNICEF, besides UNESCO, has been putting enough effort into releasing guidelines about how teachers can communicate with children. Kindergarten students need special attention during an online course, the methods being different from strategies adopted in higher education online classes. Not just educators, even parents, and caregivers can learn from the guidelines for a better quality of learning through digital platforms.

• Management systems for digital learning

Digital learning management helps students and teachers connect through classroom communities. The best part about a mobile teacher app is that it can have an inbuilt management system available in diverse languages since UNESCO has been promoting the initiative for catering to multiple languages. It makes other spheres of students feel included.

Some of these systems officially recommended by UNESCO could be accessed easily by students even with weak Internet connections. This is an advantage for rural areas globally, especially places which have poor infrastructural development.

• Availability of mobile teacher app

Since every student does not have a laptop or a desktop, they rely on mobile phones for attending lessons and lectures, and even studying at times. UNESCO has been promoting skill-based learning platforms and software is that can be used on smartphones. Every student has the right to education, whether they have desktops or not.

• Diverse platforms for online courses

Online courses are of various types, besides the basic fields of sciences commerce, and arts, some application-based skills are also being taught by professionals who wish to do so. this is not possible without a digital platform because they cannot provide offline availability globally. The UNESCO suggested online course platforms have massive openings that teach various courses, sometimes even free, with instructors from well-known backgrounds and universities.

• Initiative for self-directed learning

Even with several platforms available, even the best app to teach online cannot direct self-learning after the completion of online classes and lessons. Students and learners should be motivated to educate themselves, despite the negative impacts that the pandemic had on them. UNESCO has several sections that can be applied by educators to initiate this motivated form of learning. Whether it is from interactive activities, or the use of applications that can adapt to excellent tutoring systems, the solution lies at the core of willingness to adapt. The more they rely on solutions provided by UNESCO, the more initiative they have within themselves to go further with digital platforms in use.