The Rise Of White-Collar Racism And The Alt-Right In America

Making America Great Again, at least, in their vision.

193
Common Dreams

Many Americans have seen the video of Richard Spencer getting punched. The punch has been construed in many different ways. To some, the punch was a meaningful act of protest, and a symbol of fighting their enemy. To others, it's a meaningless act of violence and is a symbol of the left's efforts to silence the right.

Both sides know he's a member of the so-called "alt-right" movement. Alternative right-wing politics have a common theme: America is in shambles, and it's up to the alt-right to fix it. Richard Spencer is the leader of the National Policy Institute, which is an alt-right think-tank. Basically, they discuss what needs to be done in order to suit their desires.

Sounds okay, right? It's their First-Amendment right as Americans. Well, it's not that simple.

The alt-right is absolutely FULL of racists. Richard Spencer himself has quoted National Socialist (Nazi) propaganda. He has also said the alt-right is a movement about white identity. Though he uses lighter definitions of himself like "Identitarian," which is just the French version of America's new-fangled alt-right. Many would consider him a "white-collar" neo-Nazi, considering he's not been seen at KKK meetings and other neo-Nazi criminal organizations. In the video of Spencer being punched, he says himself that the KKK and other racist groups don't like him very much, and that's probably because he looks like a baby.

So what, right? There have always been neo-Nazis in America. The American Nazi Party has been around since 1959. However, this situation goes way deeper.

Steve Bannon used to work for Breitbart, which is a far-right news source, which Bannon himself described as "the platform for the alt-right." Any fascist regime needs its platform for their ideology, and Breitbart is that platform. Since we've established that the alt-right is a racist system of political ideologies, it's not hard to pin Steve Bannon as a white-collar racist, maybe a diet version of Richard Spencer, but still a racist. He also compared Planned Parenthood's efforts to provide reproductive healthcare to millions of Americans to the Holocaust. The most horrific genocide in recorded history is being compared to a place where you can get tested for the clap. Of course, he's talking about abortions, but if he cared so much about human life, he would stop being such a hateful miscreant.

So that's that. Steve Bannon is a bad guy. Sure, except he's the Chief Strategist for President Trump, which is not a job that a racist like him should hold.

Now, I'm not saying the Americans who make up the electoral college votes are racist. Many had pure intentions when voting for Trump. He (somehow) inspired millions of people to go out and vote for who they believed was the better person. Now, Trump surrounds himself with Republicans like Speaker of the House Paul Ryan who have sold their souls for power. Speaker Ryan has always been a vocal critic of Obamacare, and now the Affordable Care Act is being dismantled by the Republican majority in Congress. This means many working-class families will lose their healthcare and become less healthy people by no fault of their own. Paul Ryan isn't on Obamacare because he's rich, so he can't relate. That's okay, though. We can totally deal with it. He says we can, so we can. Except many can't afford to buy insurance like Paul Ryan has. Whoops. Hopefully the working class can survive without healthcare.

Many Republicans don't seem to understand that being poor isn't a conscious decision. They also don't understand that being gay isn't a choice either.

Mike Pence used to be the Governor of Indiana. While he was governor, he directed funds to help conversion therapy centers. At these conversion therapy centers, homosexuals and transgender people were subjected to electric shock therapy to make them heterosexual. Those who have been subjected to conversion therapy say that many of those who were forced into these practices ended up committing suicide to ultimately avoid any further torture.

Sounds pretty brutal, right? To electrocute human beings until they either commit suicide or pretend to be straight to avoid being electrocuted is a pretty harsh situation and should be condemned by any rational person. Donald Trump doesn't seem to care, though, because he selected Mike Pence as his running mate, and now the homophobe who thinks he's Doctor Doom is the Vice President of the United States. Oh, and Mike Pence closed so many Planned Parenthood clinics that an HIV epidemic broke out in Austin, Indiana. 190 cases were reported. That's right, Mike Pence indirectly gave 190 people AIDS.

Mike Pence, Donald Trump, Steve Bannon and Paul Ryan; admired by fascists nationwide. The common Republican goal seems to be to create an America where Obama's presidency never existed. Alternative facts fit the goals of the alternative right. Exercises in lunacy are the fuel for the xenophobic locomotive that runs our country.

In the wake of absolutely massive protests against the new regime, the most vocal of Trump supporters take to Twitter to argue with moderates and leftists, calling them "special snowflakes," which pokes fun at the very normal notion of self worth and one's own unique character. They also poke fun at people who need a "safe space" in school so they don't feel like they're being bullied.

A common theme in their Twitter bio sections are Guns, God and Republicanism. Twitter is their safe space, but they don't realize that yet.

We can't take away God, because that's too big to take away, so let's say we take away their guns and imagine the backlash. Protests everywhere, the majority of them peaceful, but a select few would probably riot in the street, burn cars, throw rocks at cops, et cetera. I'm a gun owner myself, and I would be absolutely furious if the government took my guns away.

If you've been watching the news recently, there have been mostly peaceful protests by the left, but again, a select few riot in the street, burn cars and throw rocks at cops. Conservatives everywhere falsely attribute this to normal leftists, but in reality they're centrist anarchists who revel in creating chaos for modern society. Doesn't matter what's true or not, though, because ammunition made of lies and misconceptions still do just as much damage as ammunition made of truth.

The vocal right call leftist rioters and protestors "snowflakes," but they'd be snowflakes themselves if they'd lost something important to them because of the government. That's called hypocrisy.

Hypocrisy is legal. Everyone has been a hypocrite at some point in their lifetime. It's a lesson learned. However, Americans can't treat racism like it's hypocrisy. They don't get a free pass to say only white people should live in America and that everyone else should die. They don't get a free pass to be a Nazi. You don't get to send a legal immigrant with a green card back to where they came from just because they're Muslim and an extremely minuscule amount of Muslims have committed terrorist acts. These terrorists are widely condemned by normal, moderate Muslims, but again, Trump doesn't care about the truth. He wants to figure out "what the hell is going on," but we already know he's a spoiled brat who didn't get spanked by his ultra-rich parents and ended up becoming a fat, orange turd. I've met a lot of young Donald Trumps in my lifetime, and I hope they don't consider a future in politics.

Not even 100 years ago, people of this ideology were considered un-American and were being shot, blown up, or burned with flamethrowers by actual Americans. Now they run our country, but they speak English and haven't started killing dissenters and people they consider inferior, like Muslims, Jews, Homosexuals, Leftists and others who are just as American as they claim to be. They haven't done that yet, but there isn't a whole lot stopping them.

Except you.