Stop Listening To What Others Say About Sex, Just Make Your Decision And Stick With It

Honestly, there isn't even a "right" or "wrong" time to have sex anymore.

79
@couplegoals

Today's culture is different from any other. The influences around us are numerous, from fashion trends to music, the reality stars, and the explosion of social media, among many other things. One thing that has been directly affected is the way we view sexuality.

The daily debate on social media, group chats, and news always seem to be a topic of heated conversations.

When should you start having sex?

Is it really that bad to wait until marriage before having intercourse? Is there a right answer, or not? Let's dive into this topic a little bit.

There is no denying that it seems like everyone is having sex. From middle-aged kids to adults, sex seems to have become a trend, even though it's been around forever. Sexual interaction has obvious consequences and they're all being brought to light. You're seeing high rates of pregnancy. STDs, unfortunately, are being passed around because of the lack of safety during sex. The social aspect is especially magnified thanks to the speed at which news travels. Celebrities' personal lives are being brought to light and have led us, the fans, to debate about what happened and what the outcome should be?

Sex is natural. Most people in their adolescent years will experiment with it, some with different partners. However, not everyone has a crazy desire to engage in sexual activity with just anyone, because they want to wait until marriage. It's completely fine to feel that way, and it's actually applauded when it comes to having sex.

But again, most people will experiment with sex simply because it's in our nature. Should they be judged differently? Should we frown upon waiting until we're married to "knock the boots"?

To put it simply, there is a slightly negative perception to those who have sex regularly, meaning it's more of a hobby.

It's easy to look at them and jump to conclusions. Likewise, we tease and ridicule the kids who wait, calling them things like "scary". Who's to say promiscuity is better than a monogamous relationship in terms of sex. That's like saying person A who has a wife/husband is better than person B who exhausts her resources and explores their sexual boundaries. It's not true, but again not everyone accepts these views and that's okay.

I think what people are worried about the most is their image.

Everyone wants to be viewed in a positive way by their peers and the outside world. Even the most introverted people would like to be seen as positive people. It's a shame in our society that there is a double standard when it comes to judging the willingness people have to have sex. Men aren't looked down upon as women are for the same things.

Women are put down and viewed in a negative light if they have multiple sex partners. However, we promote men who have multiple sex partners without hesitation. It's unfair and contributes heavily to the debate on whether you should wait to have sex or explore what's out there.

Some girls may actually want to engage in sexual activities with a guy, but she's afraid of the consequences.

She wouldn't want to compromise her morals, and she doesn't want to be the topic of conversation amongst her peers because of it.

She doesn't even know if the guy is worth it.

Guys face a similar dilemma despite what many people think. In a similar situation, a guy can be ridiculed and in a way looked at differently if he has multiple sex partners. Your maturity comes into question, women spread your name around, you become the same thing to all women--that's negative.

If you're comfortable with your decision regarding your sexual decisions, that's all that matters.

Each one has its consequences, but it's your body and your life. I would say in any situation, be safe and make good decisions. That's all we can hope for these days. Don't judge by what you see, judge by what you know. Everyone has their own opinion. Sex is right when you determine it's right for you.