Why Fall Is The Superior Sports Season

Why Fall Is The Superior Sports Season

Fall break couldn't be a better time for sports fans

2
Football is a Popular Fall Sport

The seasons dictate what times of the year certain things reach their prime time.

Christmas as well as hot chocolate and fireplace season takes place in the winter months between November-February. Spring time brings on flowers and baseball. The summer crowds the beaches and vacation destinations, as well as concerts and parties. The fall brings on spooky season and autumn festivities, but it also brings on the most exciting time in sports.

Let's start with the most popular of the American sports for the fall season: Football.

While the NFL starts in September, and pre-season in August, October is where the season becomes more interesting. After 4-5 weeks of play, the playoff picture and seeding becomes more clear as teams either fumble down the the bottom, or rise to the top in October. Football is also very popular among American families during Thanksgiving. My friends in the past few fall breaks have organized our "Turkey-Bowl" during Thanksgiving break Many colleges have homecomings, bowls and playoffs during the autumn season.

The MLB post season takes action as the month starts with wild cards, with the end of October starts the World Series, known to be one of the best championships in the world. This is the peak of the baseball season globally.

The NHL starts up its games again, as the first few weeks provide exciting enjoyment for the their fans. While I cannot personally relate to hockey, I know it is one of the most popular indoor sports in Philadelphia and the US and Canada.

The NBA season also begins with exciting opening week match-ups that feature the top stars battle each other to set the tone for the long season ahead.

Locally, many high schools and colleges benefit from this time of year because all these sports starting up create school spirit for the community to become more involved with each other.

There is truly no better month than October in sports, as it is the only month where all 4 American league sports compete. That is why the fall reigns supreme in sports.