2015: A Review

2015: A Review

In case you missed it.

25
2015: A Review
Google Image

2015 was a year full of many ups and downs, causing many shocking headlines. With all the excitement of the New Year, let's take a quick moment to reflect on the year we had and the highlights and downfalls of 2015.

Bruce Made the Change to Caitlyn

Vanity Fair featured her on the front page for the world to see, shocking many viewers who actually keep up with the Kardashians. Caitlyn is now a roll model paving the way for many as she already had a prominent roll as a celebrity.

Same-Sex Marriage Was Legalized

On June 26, Same Sex Marriage was legalized nationwide, put that in your history textbook.

The Dress

It’s definitely gold and white right now, but at one point I saw blue and black. This was definitely my least favorite fad on the internet all year.

Zayn Left One Direction

This Directioner went off in his own direction, leaving the band to pursue his solo career. Harry, you’re cute, but good luck hitting those high notes.

Orange is the New Black Season 3

Yes, please. Did you catch that one? Cause I’m still trying to get over how great it was.

The US Women’s Soccer Team

Our team dominated this year, watching the final game was all kinds of exciting. You go, girls!

Netflix Announced “Fuller House”

I’m a little excited. Maybe a lot excited. It premiers February 26. You’re welcome.

Trump Ran for President

Yes, that really happened. Need I say more?

Paris Attacks

More recently, the terrorist attacks in France horrified viewers as the media reported at least 128 people dead, and hundreds more wounded.

Adele Came Out to Say Hello

After three years of silence, Adele released her hit single “Hello,” and helloooo, it was fabulous.

Syrian Refugee Crisis

Many Syrians have been in search of finding solace in other European countries this year, and some countries have been more open than others, to say the least.

Steve Harvey’s Awkward Slip

And the runner up is: Miss Colombia! Oh wait, no, it’s Miss Philippeans…oops.

The Force Awakened

That’s right, another film was released in the Star Wars saga. No spoilers please, some of us haven’t seen it yet.

There were a lot of highs and lows this last year, and there’s a lot of promise with the coming year. Overall, I’m mostly just excited to hear the joke “where do you see yourself in 5 years? I don’t know, I don’t have 2020 vision” go and never return. Happy New Years...let's see what 2016 has in store.