I Began Reminding Myself Of My Worth, And I'm Glad I Did

I Began Reminding Myself Of My Worth, And I'm So Glad I Did

When I began reminding myself of my worth, I realized how important I am.

141

In today's day and age, it is so easy to get caught up in how we should look or what we should be doing. We see what other people look like, what their lives are like, and we begin to compare ourselves to them. I did this for quite a while. In fact, I still do it sometimes.

When I began reminding myself of my worth, I noticed how different I was seeing myself.

I realized I may not be like people around me, but that does not mean I don't get to experience life like others. I can still look in the mirror and tell myself I am beautiful. I can still wear sweats, and feel like a queen. I am not less because I do not match the people around me.

Throughout my day, I tell myself all the things I love about who I am. I love my personality. Sure, I might be a little weird, but I am okay with that. I love how I am not afraid to make a fool of myself. I may say something along the lines of: "why did I do that?" It makes me happy, though.

I will tell myself all I have overcome. I am strong. I am nowhere near weak. I have been to hell and back. Yet, I still dance with joy. I don't tell myself that for a round of applause. I tell myself that to be reminded of how much I can do. When someone tries to myself, I won't be able to accomplish something, I say: "Watch me."

We are so hard on ourselves. It wrecks us.

We start to believe what we are saying to ourselves. We truly think we are not capable. In all reality, that is not true. When I began reminding myself of my worth, I knew I could accomplish what I never thought I could. I realized the words people once spoke to me were far from the truth.

I began reminding myself of my worth, and it has led to so much joy. It has led to feeling free from all of the lies of the world. I know I do not need to look a certain way or be someone I am not. I know I am beautiful. Our world has so many standards, but those standards do not say who I am.

Now, I look in the mirror and I see the girl who is full of life.

I see the girl who is no longer broken from the words people once spoke to me. I see the girl who believes in herself. I love that girl.

When I began reminding myself of my worth, I realized how important I am. I am so glad I decided to do this daily ritual. It has helped me so much. It has done much more than leading me to believe I am beautiful. It has led me to know I can accomplish whatever I set my mind to.