Childhood Memories

Childhood Memories

Do you remember?

244
Childhood Memories
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2018/02/03/636532876467138037-384775796_d52ee5c0ae8773c48cdd941f8a9e9204.jpg

Picture this: You're still a kid and it's a Saturday morning. You wake up and the first thing you do is tune into your favorite T.V. show in the mornings with your favorite cereal. Well for me, anyway, that's how I spent my mornings.

As a child, I was so happy when I got my Super Nintendo, waking up and running immediately downstairs in order to play it. Though I should say I had no idea what I was doing at the age of 4. Just the rush of excitement came because of how new it was to me. I played Super Mario all the time but all I knew was that I was jumping and stomping the enemy. The only part that I didn't enjoy as much was going to school. I was rarely allowed to play video games on weekdays except I had another occupation, which was going outside to play with friends. You remember that, right? Going outside to play with your friends to play sports or just to see one another? Yeah me neither... Just kidding. Though of course I needed to finish my homework first before I was allowed to go outside. I was always given those easy math questions that they gave in spans of a little over 30 and I would always try and finish it as fast as I can no matter what. Sometimes with a little help of a *cough* calculator *cough*.

Whenever it was raining out you could always find me with my DS playing Pokemon or Mario. Pokemon most likely since I've been a big fan of it since I was like 3 or 4. Trading Pokemon cards and watching WWE was one of the few things I looked forward to when I went to school and when I came home but to be honest, who wasn't excited to go back from after school?

My childhood was taken over by a couple of things, one of the biggest fads at the time were Webkinz. Those little things caused a lot of commotion in my school. There wasn't a single person who didn't want to add one another. Friend request came left and right. Soon enough, another item took attention of our little minds. Tamagotchis had given us an opportunity to become parents, kind of. Not really. It gave us a responsibility to make sure that we kept our focus on school because you know, school wasn't a priority or anything. I won't lie, I made sure to take care of my tamagotchi no matter what. This toy gave us a responsibility to maintain a virtual life. It may sound dramatic but I was 7 at the time and it was important to me. Even some of the teachers that taught at the religion class I took had them. The craze was real.

I do miss certain parts of my childhood like all the GOOD cartoons and shows that were on T.V. because nowadays I wonder who even comes up with these ideas and presents them to the company in order to put them on air. Things were so much more simpler in those days, go to school then go home and hang out with friends once in a while. It's either that or I'm just getting older. Either way, I truly believe that the kids in us still exist. We just choose whether or not to let that out.