Remain True To You

Remain True To You

Being yourself is one of the easiest things in the world.
502

Being yourself is one of the easiest things in the world. I, myself, am a people-pleaser. It's who I am, who I have always been. Is that a bad thing? Not necessarily, but not always is it a good thing when you forget yourself trying to please others.

Being a people pleaser means you bend a little, morph into what others will like. If someone is upset with the way things are going, you try 100% to make them the happy until they are completely satisfied. Their pleasure brings you the upmost satisfaction. But as it goes on, and you morph all the time, it seems like a never ending cycle.

In your thoughts and alone. You don't know who you are anymore because you've lost yourself conforming to those around you. Can you see any part of who you used to be?

I have learned the art of saying "no" and being okay with it. Say no to those who you see take advantage of you. Say no to the things you don't feel comfortable with. Say no to those who want everything about you to change just because they don't like it and it would make them happy. It is okay to say "no." It is completely okay to want to help others and want to see them happy, but changing yourself in the process should be no option.

Being a people-pleaser also has an upside. Saying "yes" to things you love. Activities, your happiness, and most importantly - you.

As soon as you learn to say "yes" to yourself and what makes YOU happy, you will have some critics. People will judge you, not like your attitude, you hair, the way you dress, they will push and bully you. But that's on them, by this point of you saying "yes", you love yourself. The way people perceive you isn't something you can help.

Whatever sets your soul on fire, do it. Whatever makes you smile the greatest smile, do it. Don't lose yourself at the expense of other people. The ones who love you for you, they aren't going anywhere. I can assure you that those people are the last ones you need to please, and hold them close because they're rare. Love with your whole heart, dance like no one is watching, tell those corny jokes, wear the style you're comfortable in, you only get one chance at life, don't spend it trying to please others.