8 Mini-Milestones Your Long-Term Relationship Is Destined To Reach

Sometimes you just need to let go and fart a little.

915
Instagram

Every relationship has their romantic milestones: first date, first kiss, first time saying "I love you."

But there are other, slightly more embarrassing, milestones that are inevitable if you are with someone long enough.Whether they're embarrassing, funny, or annoying — you might as well embrace that if you're with someone and want to be with them for the long haul, you are going to have to overcome these milestones in your relationship.

1. Farting in front of each other

Honestly, I think farting in front of each other is probably one of the most important milestones on this list. While you don't fart in front of everyone you meet, if you're going to be spending a lot of time with the person you're dating, it's going to be a lot more comfortable if you can fart in front of one another and not hold it in.

Everyone farts. Don't be too embarrassed.

2. Admitting you've stalked each other on social media

We've all been there. At the beginning of a relationship, you don't really know who you're dating. You have to make sure they're not a serial killer.

To be honest, stalking someone's Instagram or Facebook can tell you a lot about them. And once you come to terms with the fact that you both probably looked at each other a little, it loosens up whatever secrets you were hiding in the beginning.

3. Tagging them in a meme

Humor is probably one of the most important things in a relationship - at least for me.

Not only does tagging someone in a meme mean that you're thinking of them, but also means you're at the point where you have inside jokes and something particularly reminded you of them. You can't say that about many people.

4. FaceTiming for the first time

FaceTiming someone for the first time can be scary and intimidating. I remember the first time I FaceTimed with my boyfriend, my sister kept commenting how I couldn't stop making sure my hair looked good and adjusting the camera angle.

While it can be a little awkward the first time, it's an experience and hopefully loosens up the tension for future FaceTime calls with each other.

5. Popping each other's pimples

This might just be for my fellow pimple-poppers out there, but one of the most satisfying things is when my boyfriend lets me pop the pimples he can't reach on his back.

It's a bonding experience as well as a really satisfying experience.

6. Seeing her without makeup on

Girls are beautiful flowers - with or without makeup.

But sometimes those flowers don't know they're beautiful unless they have their lashes and face all done and put together.

Trust me when I say your guy will love you whether or not you have mascara on. And when you've reached the stage where you don't need all that, it's such a more comfortable place.

7. Leaving something at his place

Whether it's a toothbrush, hairbrush, extra pairs of underwear, or tampons — leaving something at your partner's place really says a lot. It shows you want to spend time together and that you also trust one another to hold on to your things until the next time you see each other.

8. Knowing each other's phone passwords

If you're someone like me, your phone is where all of your information is. All of my embarrassing searches on Google, all of the deeps texts between my friends and my sisters. Letting someone have all the power to be able to look at your secrets is a huge step in a relationship.