13 Relationships Deal Breakers That Justify Ghosting

13 Relationship Deal Breakers That Just Might Justify Ghosting Them

Any of these deal breakers could be taken to the extreme, which ones make you want to go run and hide?

209

Every relationship is different and none are perfect. Every person has their own list of personal deal breakers, whether that is bad hygiene or super jealous behavior. Some like clingy, while some want to run and hide.

However, if you avoid these 13 extreme deal breakers, you have a chance at making anyone swoon.

1.  Making everything a competition for no reason.

You know the type, right? These men and women want everything to be a competition. They always want to be right and they always want to have bragging rights. Even getting the front seat in a vehicle is a competition. A little bit of competition can be fun, but over time a don't want everything to feel like a game.

2. Not having any ambitions, goals or direction.

These people seem awesome. They are laid back, chill and want to have a good time on the weekend. It's a casual time, you enjoy yourself until you ask the dreaded question, "So, what are your goals?" or "What are your plans when you graduate?"

Then they hit you with the, "I don't know," or "I don't care, I'll figure it out when I get there." Um, I like setting goals. It is OK to be a little unsure, but not even having a goal for the week is... yikes.

3. Being unhygienic and just overall, a mess.

They really spruce up for special occasions and look so fine from afar. But once you get to know them, you may find some icky habits. Whether they haven't showered in days or have never washed their sheets, this deal breaker is a hard pass.

4. Being too serious and making everything an intense conversation.

This person is smart, an intellectual. You meet up and have a great date until you realize they haven't laughed at one of your jokes. You brush it off, yet you can't remember a time they made you laugh all night either.

Sometimes, our senses of humor just don't match up, and sometimes you just have to ghost them for thinking "The Office" is funnier than "Brooklyn Nine-Nine."

5. Not being able to take anything seriously ever.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, we have the Joker. This is the person who just cannot sit down with a straight face or take you seriously when you are having a moment. This is fun, in the beginning, but in time, having someone who can have a real conversation with you is so much better.

6. Not being physically attractive. 

I'm just going to say it. This deal breaker means you just aren't physically attracted to them. You lack physical intimacy and there is only so far a relationship can go without physical contact.

7. Not being able to listen or pay attention to anything you say. 

You guys can talk for hours on end about anything. Then you text them about the plans you made or the success of your day and they hit you with the "What?" Or my personal favorite, "I don't remember you saying that."

These people may truly not mean to forget but not being given attention is a reason to ghost, in my opinion.

8. Being possessive and over-attentive.

This is a major red flag. This person is one who gets extremely jealous and possessive in any and all situations. They will ask where you are and who you are with, constantly. Run as fast as you can once you see this deal breaker come to light.

9. Not being able to get away from their past.

Whether they only talk about their ex or they peaked in high school, this deal breaker comes in many shapes and sizes.

10. Being disrespectful or just overall mean.

This person just doesn't respect your boundaries. Physically, mentally or emotionally they will push you and not in a good way. When you feel uncomfortable or misunderstood, it is time to walk away.

11. Cheating. Do I even have to explain?

This one is self-explanatory. These people make you feel unworthy, mistreated and insecure. Save yourself the time and just walk away.

12. Being unable to connect with anyone else.

This person will not socialize with your friends or family. They do not go out of their way to be noticed, they do not make conversation and they certainly won't make the first move.

Shy people aren't who I am coming after, but if you are seeing someone and no effort is made, I vote you cut them off immediately.

13. Being unsupportive and rude about what you believe.

This person may have different views than you. At first, it can seem like a challenge when in reality it is so much more. Date someone who supports you and your endeavors, not someone who hates on your major or your stance on feminism.

You can agree to disagree, but you cannot be unsupportive of what your partner wants and needs out of life.

Of course, everyone feels different about their deal breakers, however, beware of the red flags. Most importantly, choose to be with someone you do not have to question or compromise for. No relationship is perfect, but there are definitely boundaries of what you will and won't put up with.