relatable summer moods
Life Stages

All The Big Moods Every College Kid Has During Any Summer Break

Summer is full of ups and downs.

191
https://www.instagram.com/p/BlB8RphHyt4/?hl=en&tagged=chacos

Summer is a time when you come home from school, get the amazing job you've always wanted, travel, spend every night with your friends and truly just live the best life possible.

Or, at least that's what you wish it was like. In reality, summer can be a weird time for most college students. You're suddenly away from all your school work, living with your parents again, working to make some money and scrambling to find friends who still live in the area.

You may be feeling hopeless, but fear not because these summer moods are extremely relatable for many college students.

"Bored" is the only answer when people ask how you are.

After being insanely busy for the entire school year, to the point that you rarely had time for sleep let alone time to actually sit around and do nothing, you're suddenly thrust into summer. Your responsibilities have lessened, which is great, but your schedule either never works with your friends' schedules or your friends are off in other countries, so you have no way to entertain yourself. Boredom is your life now.

Work is all you know.

Now that you have too much time on your hands, you have to fill up your schedule with a job. Whether you're working in a restaurant, folding clothes at Old Navy, or struggling through an internship, you always complain about going to work even though you know that you desperately need the money.

Shopping is your new favorite hobby.

Since you're bored whenever you aren't working, but you're also making money when you are working, you spend all your free time at the store. You know that you should be saving money instead of spending it, but you can't help yourself. Nothing is more satisfying than spending an entire paycheck on a shopping trip. But it is pretty easy to get carried away, so remember to clean out your closet, that way you're replacing clothes instead of just stuffing your dresser full of things that you don't need.

You own too many cute outfits, so you need to showcase them on Instagram.

Your closet is suddenly full of all the new clothes you've been buying. What better way to show off your fantastic style than by getting your friend to be your personal photographer as you model for a picture you ultimately just want to post on Instagram? The summer is the epitome of girls taking cute pictures in bathing suits and adorable outfits to show off on Instagram and try to look like they're living their best life, so of course you have to join in.

You compare your summer to everyone else's.

So, turns out you're not the only one who is constantly posting about their life on social media over the summer. But why does it seem like everyone else is having way more fun? I mean seriously, how are these college students affording weekend excursions to music festivals and study abroad opportunities in Italy? It's nearly impossible not to compare what you're doing to what everyone else is doing, so you'll constantly harp over why everyone else looks so happy while you're just sitting on the couch, eating a Chipotle burrito that you could barely afford and crying over every episode of "Queer Eye."

Avoiding your parents is a mastered skill.

When you're not staring at your college roommate's Instagram on your phone, you're constantly being hammered by questions from your parents. The hardest thing to readjust to when you come home from college besides not wearing shoes in the shower is living with your parents again. Suddenly they are extremely interested in everything you're doing, who you're doing those things with and what time you'll be home because they're cooking dinner and expect you to be there. The solution: avoid your parents at every opportunity. Scamper out of the house in that new outfit before your mom has the chance to say that your skirt is too short. Avoiding your parents becomes a game that you need to win, because you want to do at least one successful thing this summer.