11 Ways To Refresh Your Mind, Body, And Soul

Shaking off the school blues and stepping into summer!

1985
Unsplash

School is over and summer is here! Before jumping into summer fun activities, take a minute to refresh your mind, body, and soul.

Why? You just spent the last 9 months working your brain into mush, living off of four hours of sleep, and might as well had a caffeine I.V. hooked up to your body.

This is such a great time to shed the school skin and regain a beautiful you inside and out.

1. Meditate and/or pray

Meditating and/or praying is such a great way to connect with your inner world and God. This practice will refresh your mind and soul. Personally, I meditate each day and it gives me such a positive outlook for the day.

2. Journal

Keeping a journal is an awesome way to clear your head and keep track of your growth. I think the biggest misconception about journaling is that you have to do it each day. Just use it as you need it. Got in a fight? Journal your feelings- clear your head. Want to work on being more open- journal strategies or figure out why you are not more open. Possibilities for days y'all, take advantage!

3. Try a fitness boxing class

Fitness Boxing is not a regular boxing class. It is a combination of boxing and cardio and strength training. This new trend is hot fire flames in my book for a few reasons. First, it is a great way to refresh your body. Burn fat and gain muscle- yes please! Second, it gets out any aggression and frustrations pent up inside.

4. Do a 30-day challenge

30-day challenges are a fantastic way to have a restart button. Keep it up over 30-days and your pride gets a boost too. There are challenges for a million different things. What are you interested in? What is a habit you want to change? You can Google it or make some up on your own!

5. Try something new

Trying something new is an adventure. It can expand your horizons and maybe you'll discover a new hobby.

6. Buy a new outfit

Set aside some extra money for a cute new outfit. Having something new to wear can make you feel great.

7. Do a quick HIIT workout

Scientifically proven- exercise releases those happy chemicals! Interval training is also the best way to speed up the metabolism. Doing a quick at home workout is a great way to start your day on the right foot.

8. Make a sing/dance playlist (and listen to it!)

This has been one of my tried and true methods for a happy day. Hop on to Spotify and find songs that you love to sing along with, love to dance to, and really just light you up inside. I like to play mine while I'm doing my makeup, cleaning, or making breakfast.

9. Volunteer

Having compassion for others makes you feel good. Find a way to volunteer your time and really start to feel good.

10. Get in touch with nature

I started to really get in touch with nature after the order of my doctor. I don't see traditional doctors, I see holistic health and naturopathic doctors. These people really suggest things outside of pills and medications. One day my doctor suggested getting in touch with nature. Science has found that getting connected really reduces stress and anxiety.

11. Sleep!

Give your body the much-needed rest it deserves.