It Has Only Been A Week Since The World Series And I Am Suffering From Post-Baseball Season Depression

I miss baseball season and I will probably end up spending the entirety of the offseason just waiting for baseball to start again.

164

The Boston Red Sox won Game 5 of the World Series last week by a score of 5-1 against the Los Angeles Dodgers concluding their dominant season. With that, the Red Sox claimed their 4th World Series title of this decade and baseball season has come to a rapid close.

Yes, everybody loves postseason baseball but this seasons outcomes were quite predictable. The Red Sox were the most skilled, talented baseball team in 2018 and many baseball fans foresaw them winning the World Series. Why? Because they deserved it.

Even though baseball season officially ended last week, in my opinion, baseball season actually ended with the conclusion of the regular season. As a Mets fan, I knew that my beloved Mets wouldn't be in the postseason. It wasn't their best season, to say the least, yet I find myself lost without being able to watch my team win, or lose (mostly lose).

I still watched almost every game of the MLB postseason, and I cheered on the teams that I thought deserved to win it all. I may have been able to watch baseball being played for most of October but for me, it wasn't the same without the Mets.

I have come to terms with the fact that I suffer from post-baseball season depression. Post baseball season depression is really just another way of saying that I miss baseball season and I will probably end up spending the entirety of the offseason just waiting for baseball to start again.

I have used many different outlets to cope with my severe case of post-baseball season depression. For example, I have started to watch other sports such as hockey, football, and basketball religiously. In addition, I have been spending more time with my friends and more time reading books about baseball and writing different pieces, including articles about baseball.

I have watched a few baseball movies and there are many more for me to watch, thankfully. Keeping up with offseason news and planning both spring training and regular season trips and road trips have also helped me occupy my newly allotted free time during the offseason.

It has only been a week since baseball season officially ended, and a month since the regular season ended. However, if you find yourself missing baseball season as much as I do, or even coming down with a case of post-baseball season depression, be sure to use some of the coping mechanisms I have thus far. You won't regret it! And let the countdown to the 2019 baseball season begin!