The Boston Red Sox Are World Series Champions

The team won the 2018 Series 4-1 against the L.A. Dodgers.

65
Wikimedia

On Sunday, October 28th, 2018, the Boston Red Sox won the World Series for the ninth time! In addition to the 2018 Series, they also won in the years 2013, 2007, 2004, 1918, 1916, 1915, 1912, and 1903.

The game took place in Los Angeles, California's Dodger Stadium, and it was the fifth game of the best-of-seven World Series. The game's final score was 5-1. In addition to the team winning the World Series, left-fielder and first baseman Steve Pearce also won the title of MVP.

Not only have the Red Sox been winning championship games since the early 1900s, but this is also their fourth win in 15 years! During this year's regular season, they won 108 games. So, while it was not exactly a shock that they won the world championship, it feels great nevertheless to the fans of the team.

Speaking of the fans, the city of Boston, Massachusetts is, of course, celebrating wildly. There was a victory parade on the day of Halloween; there is currently a 2018 championship banner hanging outside of Fenway Park. Banners from the previous Series can be found there as well.

Residents of Boston took to the streets and the bars all across the city to celebrate the win on Sunday night. On the other side of the country, those who were lucky enough to see the game in person stayed long after the end of the final inning, screaming and singing in the stands.

This World Series also made MLB history, its third game on October 26th in Los Angeles is now the longest postseason game ever, having lasted 7 hours and 20 minutes, and 18 innings. Unfortunately, for Boston fans, it also happens to be the one game that the Sox lost. Still, it's awesome to be a part of history, and nothing changes the fact that the team ultimately did win the championship title!