4 Reasons You Shouldn't Look For Love

4 Reasons You Shouldn't Look For Love

Stop looking for love and let love find you.

240
4 Reasons You Shouldn't Look For Love
favim.com

In high school, most relationships are just flings, or as my friends like to call them,"flirtationships." We rarely find something real, even though we all try so desperately hard. So here's a few reason why we should stop trying and let love come when it will.

1. You have more time to spend with friends and family.

When in a relationship, you're always going to be with your special other, and that's great. However, you can miss out on a lot if it's just another one of those flings. I personally, would rather spend time with my friends and make memories that I'll forever I want to remember... not memories with a guy who will eventually dump me within a matter of weeks. Your friends and family will always be there to catch you when you fall. Some guys, however, will let you fall flat on your face. Never cut off your friends for a guy.

2. Less heartache and heartbreak.

So I think we can all agree that catching the feels for someone can be quite devastating sometimes. I would give anything to keep those stupid butterflies out of my stomach. However, there will always be that guy that comes along and claims that he likes you just as much as you like him. Its up to us gals to figure out if he's being real with us or playing us better than a MLB player plays t-ball. Unless you're extremely lucky, high school flings can often be overwhelming and end with ice cream, crying, and depressing chick-flicks. A personal favorite is The Great Gatsby because I feel more than fairly certain that we all can relate to Jay Gatsby...or at least I can. Sometimes, its easier to be I N D E P E N D E N T and just do you. Life can be stressful and not fun at all if you're looking for someone to love you. You should love yourself enough for two people.

3. You don't feel the need to look perfect for someone else.

I've always been told that its important to love myself before I let a boy love me. I understand this more and more as I get older. If us girls depend on a guy to feel beautiful, what will happen when he leaves us for someone else? Some relationships can do a lot of damage to our self-esteem. We have to realize our worth before and after relationships. If your guy doesn't think you're the most beautiful thing when you look your worst and best...should he really be your guy??

3. You're not tied down.

If you're currently with the love of your life, then being tied down isn't a big deal, but for us who can only get temporary whatevers, it's a little different. If one of your guy friends invites you to the movies and you can't go because your boyfriend of two weeks has a problem with it, that's a sticky situation. We can't just shrug off our guy friends because some guy has insecurity issues. Keep in mind that your true love will realize you have friends of the opposite sex and he'll be okay with it. Plus when that cute guy asks you to homecoming, you won't feel guilty for saying yes because you have nothing holding you back.

4. You can live your life the way you want to.

When in a relationship, you have to be considerate of each other's wants and needs. That's cool and all, but you shouldn't have to put someone else's wants before your own. If you make the spontaneous decision to pack a bag and travel the country with your friends, then you should be able to do just that without having to fight with your boyfriend about it the whole time. If you want to leave and go to a foreign country to do mission work for a year or two, you shouldn't give that opportunity up because some guy claims to love you after a month of knowing you. If you want to go to a college 14 hours away from your hometown, you should be able to. Don't live your life based off a "love" you looked for. God will put you and your soulmate in the right place at the right time. You just have to put your faith in him and know that he'll bring you your perfect match. Until then, sit back and enjoy the ride.