5 Reasons Dating An Italian Girl Is The Best

5 Reasons Dating An Italian Girl Is Even Better Than Nonna's Meatballs

Seriously... it's *chef's kiss.*

144
Sophia Pedro

For those of you who are not currently friends with or dating someone Italian, first of all, what are you doing? Second of all, you're definitely going to want to get yourself an Italian best friend or S.O. after reading this because the rumors are true, dating an Italian girl will be the best decision you've ever made. Here are five reasons why:

There will always be food in the house, and never bad food.

I think the two biggest stereotypes about Italian people and Italian families is that we love to eat and we love to cook. At least for me and my family, this could not be more true, and my boyfriend learned this very quickly. He always knows where to go when he wants good food and a lot of it because our refrigerator is always stocked, but to the point where it's almost impossible to find what you're looking for. I swear, every week my Mom will say we are out of food and that she needs to go grocery shopping, yet the refrigerator door will barely shut.

There's constant entertainment from loud family banter.

One of these years I might just bite the bullet and pitch a reality TV show to E! about my family. When my immediate family is together we are crazier, louder, and more rambunctious than I think most families are. But when my whole extended family is together, all bets are off. When my 15+ cousins, 10+ aunts and uncles, and two nutty grandparents are together, there should be a warning sign on the door that reads "Beware of Crazed Italians." Seriously for our next family gathering, I think I need to bring a camera crew or something because this stuff is way too good not to be televised. The Kardashians better watch out, because we are coming!

We are brutally honest.

I wasn't sure if I should include this one as an upside, but I went for it anyway. If you're looking for honesty, you've come to the right place. But if you're looking for some sugar-coated packing peanuts with your honesty, you best turn around now. As someone who is used to saying what's on their mind and being blunt, I find I appreciate it in other people. However, I know it's not the first trait someone would choose in a friend or significant other. I think when my boyfriend first saw this out of me he was a little taken aback. He has now grown to accept it as just another part of me, but still understands he should tread lightly when asking for my opinion.

We're loud, stubborn, and expressive — never boring.

I think the best word I can use to describe dating someone who is Italian when you are not is... interesting. We are a very expressive and emotional bunch — this is where the loudness comes in — but we can also be pushy and stubborn at times. We are loyal because family is everything to us. We are a "don't take no for an answer" kind of crew, but without being total assholes about it. Needless to say, there is no shortage of laughs and memories to be had with someone who will always keep you on your toes and always be there for you when it counts. Sorry in advance for all the commotion we cause, but not sorry for all the good times you'll have along the way.

We are loving people. We love to love.

Despite all of our bickering and banter we love and cherish our family more than anything in the world. And we love and cherish everyone who fills our lives with insurmountable joy. Anyone and everyone who we care about even if they are not a blood relative will be made to feel like one. You won't even believe how fast you'll become part of the family. There will be no escaping the new, crazy, Italian family you never asked for, but always wanted. We love to laugh, we love to smile, we love to share — food especially — and we love to love.

Follow Swoon on Instagram.