Reasons Why Halsey Needs to be Your Favorite Artist

She's weird and has a loud personality, but she's also such an amazing artist.
Madison
Madison
984

Starting her music career at the age of fourteen, Ashley Frangipane quickly made her way into the music industry. She posted covers on YouTube as well as a Taylor Swift parody on Tumblr. Her voice was on almost every social media site there was and her fan base was rapidly growing. When she started releasing her EPs and new music, she started releasing it under the name “Halsey”. After she released her first EP in 2014, she topped the charts up until she released her first album in 2015 where she topped the alternatives charts.

Halsey is not only an amazing artist, but an amazing person too. She’s real as hell in interviews and isn’t afraid to call people out. Here are some of the reasons that Halsey should be one of your favorite artists.

Her music is beyond amazing. Halsey has such a unique voice and her songs are so personal to her. Artists that write their music based on personal experiences usually have some of the best songs on the charts and she has yet to disappoint. She uses her music to tell stories about her life and she uses her videos to bring the stories to life.

She’s real as hell. Halsey isn’t afraid to speak her mind on any given topic. She’s open about everything when it comes to social media and interviews. She’s incredibly open about being an artist with mental disorders and isn’t ashamed of having one. Another topic she’s open about is being biracial as well as bisexual. This makes her an even more unique artist, as she’s so open about everything in her life. She documents many things that she does on her Twitter, Tumblr, and Instagram sites.

She. Kills. It. Live. Seeing Halsey in concert was truly a different experience. Her shows are so intimate yet so alive at the same time. Her voice live is so raw and full of emotion, and you can hear it in every note she sings. She’s very involved with her crowds and seeing her play certain songs for the first few times on her first tour was incredible.

Her hair is better than yours. Sorry not sorry. Halsey can rock any hair color and I kind of hate her for that. She’s naturally a brunette, but has recently had blue, lavender, platinum, pink, a little bit of neon yellow, and silver. Though she’s fair skinned, she rocks all of these colors perfectly and has continuously gone to blue many times. To me, it’s not fair that she can pull all these looks off but you do you.

She truly cares about her fans. Back when she still went by Ashley, Halsey started a campaign called “Make music the alternative”. She created double sided bracelets with the name of the campaign as well as “You have a purpose”. With every purchase of a bracelet, Halsey also sent each fan a handwritten note attached to the bracelets. This campaign was such a great campaign and is one of the biggest reasons that I’m such a big fan of hers.

These are just a few reasons that Halsey should be everyone’s favorite artist, but there are so many more.