11 Reasons Why Galentine's Day Is Better Than Valentine's Day

Me and my girls.

7
Shikha

For those who will be single this upcoming Valentine's Day, you're probably feeling like this:

But even though you might feel that way, you may not have heard about the tradition of Galentine's Day! A concept introduced by Amy Poehler on "Parks and Recreation," it's a day devoted to celebrating women and our friendships in the best ways possible.

Here are 11 reasons why Galentine's Day is 100-times better than Valentine's Day every single time.

1. You don't have to worry about finding the perfect gift.

2. You can eat all the chocolate you'd like without caring how desperate it could look.

3. The only person you'd spend money on is you.

4. You get to treat yourself for two days (Galentine's Day and Valentine's Days).

5. No matter how much you eat, you can always count on your girlfriends to tell you you're still in shape.

6. You spend the whole day (or days) with your girls.

7. There's no expectations for how you're supposed to celebrate or any agenda whatsoever.

8. You get to watch all the frantic committed-relationship people run around trying to shop frantically last-minute and thank your stars you're not in their position.

9. You most definitely will not get dumped.

10. Just think of the innumerable action movies that you will get to watch on Netflix nonstop.

11. Just think about it, you can save all the money that you won't be spending on someone else this Valentine's Day, and you and your girls can all go on vacation for the weekend!

So even though there is still a chance that you will probably die alone, at least you do so with your chicas by your side, right?